Skip to content
Mario_S's profile

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, March 15th, 2021 4:00 PM

Transfer failed when trying to transfer a call

Hello,

We're having an issue with call transfers intermittently failing. This is only happening to 1 users phone. Is there any quick fix to this? I've already tried rebooting the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

-Mario

Official Employee

• 

45 Messages

3 years ago

Good morning and thank you so much for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Business page. I'm sorry to hear that you having issues with your Voice services and our team would be happy to help. We want to make sure you are getting the most out of the service you pay for.  Could you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message, please click on my name "Comcast_Alyssa" and then click "Send a message."

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

@Comcast_Alyssa​ I am having this same issue with our receptionist's phone. Periodically, a "failed transfer" error occurs when my receptionist tries to transfer the call. Is there a solution to this problem? We have tried restarting the phone and different methods of transferring calls, but the same error occurs every few days. 

Trusted Forum Contributor

• 

2 Messages

@user_31c439 Thank you for reaching oout about the issues that your experiening. What if any troubleshooting have you already tried?

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

We have tried unplugging the Polycom and we have tried restarting it.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hey Alyssa,

I clicked your name but I don't see a "send a message" button on your profile.

Official Employee

• 

45 Messages

Oh, no! Thank you for the feedback, that's definitely strange but let me see what I can do from here! To confirm, is this a cordless phone? Also, have you tried rebooting the modem?

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

It is a polycom IP phone. I've tried rebooting the phone. It's only happening to 1 of our phones.

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

Understood, thank you for clarifying that detail and sticking with me on this, @Mario_S. I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you, especially when it's impacting your business randomly. I'd like to run some troubleshooting steps together, but in order to do so, we'll need to meet in a private message. In order to get started can you please click the chat bubble in the top right corner and send a message to our "Comcast Business" handle? 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having this issue with our receptionist phone. Any solutions on how to fix this? We use the Polycom phone as well.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Thank you for reaching out here, and letting us know that you are also experiencing issues with this! We'd love to help further! Please join us in a direct message by following the steps outlined below! We look forward to working together and taking care of this! 

Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Comcast Business" in the "To:" line and select "Comcast Business" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

We are having the same issue with our receptionist's phone. Is there a solution? We have already tried restarting the phone multiple times.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

I apologize for the ongoing troubles. I appreciate your continued efforts troubleshooting on your end and with us. I will gather more information and will troubleshoot @user_31c439. can you send over a private message following the steps below: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary 

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 

• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

The same issue is occurring with my receptionist's phone as well. Please help @Comcast_Lamont .

(edited)

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Hello @user_dccc8f , I'm bummed to hear of your service issues with the phone. I'm happy to investigate what is going on. To clarify are all phones having an issue or just the receptionist? 

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

I cannot say definitively because normal users rarely transfer calls. However, the receptionist has infrequent, but noticeable, trouble transferring calls to all users.

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

Thank you for those details. What troubleshooting steps have you already done to resolve this issue? 

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

I reset the phones by pressing 103 simultaneously.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

@user_dccc8f Do you know what type of transfer is being done?

Consultative (warm) transfer: You announce the call to the recipient prior to transferring the call. It also allows you to provide key details to the recipient before the call is connected. Once you transfer the call, all three parties can speak together or you can end the call on your phone without disconnecting the transferred parties. This is the default transfer type.

Blind (cold) transfer: Transfer a call to someone else without announcing the call first.

Direct-to-voicemail transfer: Transfer a call directly to another user's voicemail.

Is this happening on all types?