Skip to content
aerodesic's profile

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, March 28th, 2024 9:56 PM

I am also being blocked (not by Comcast) but by UCEPROTECTL2 blacklist

My email with comcast.net is working fine.  But for some reason UCEPROTECT has decided to block all (at least every address I've tested) the entire 50.128.0.0/9 subnet, which unfortunately includes my little /28 subnet.  I've contacted, as best I can, UCEPROTECTL2 and their only offerring is for me to send them about $25 a month to be removed from the list (less per month if I go 1 or 2 year plans.)  It's a protection racket!

The information they report about my block (which EXPLICITELY states that it wasn't *MY* address causing the blacklist) is that there are only a few thousand instances that triggered the block (in an IP block with a little over 8 milliion IP addresses.)

I've contacted some helpful *real* people at Comcast, and they are working on the issue, but was wondering if anyone here has resolved this issue without paying the blackmail to UCEPROTECT.

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

@aerodesic We appreciate the information, but I would also recommend to reach out to UCEPROTECT to see if they will unblock from their end since they are the ones that did it. My team is here if you should need any further assistance. 

This comment was created from this reply

• 

8 Messages

The only way I can 'reach out' to UCEPROTECT is through their 'paid for' whitelist service which costs $100 for two years 'protection'.  They freely admit I am not marked as a spammer or UCE sender, but it makes money for them to 'allow' me to be whitelisted.  I am presently in touch with Comcast tier2 security about getting me off the comcast-using-uceprotect list or at least a local whitelist within comcast/xfinity mx server environment.

Occasioinally the UCEPROTECT blocking disappears for a few hours and I get my one to two weeks backlog of posted messages sent, but my staff and our customers are out of touch for several days due to this 'helpful' service.  If you check the general internet 'credibility' of uceprotect you will find it's rather poor.  Most consider (as do I) it is a thinly discguised 'protection racket' that provides income to a rather small, Swiss-based (at least Swiss located) company.  Ownership seems hard to pin down...  This should be considered a 'sign' I think.

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

@Comcast_Shawn​ The OP is absolutely correct here. UCEPROTECT insists on a monthly ransom payment to have our static Comcast IP addresses excluded from their global listing of all Comcast Business addresses. 

The OP is also right below, in noting that the recommended reporting method does not include an option to report delivery problems FROM Comcast IP addresses, only for delivery TO comcast.net addresses, which is not the issue here.

Official Employee

• 

19 Messages

4 months ago

Hi @aerodesic Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Business Forums. We would recommend reporting to Xfinity-Service Policy Assurance. We are happy to hear you are receiving some help in progress already, this link may provide additional assistance to you. 

• 

8 Messages

I would, but the options available do not include "I cannot send email to others sites."  I am definitely able to send to Comcast.com/.net addresses without any problem.  I should point out that after reaching out to the specific site that was not accepting my email (a large university) the problem is currently 'solved.'  The UCEPROTECT site still claims a few thousand comcast IP addresses as being blocked (I could include the list here, but it's several hundred lines, so I will only do so if asked.)  UCEPROTECT may be doing a useful 'service' by noting 'communities' of bad actors, but the finger is really pointing to Comcast for not regulating their customers mis-behaviour.

Although I do believe UCEPROTECT has fairly low standards as to what constitutes 'abuse' and grouping multiples in specific  ARIN block subnets means for any reasonable large subnet, such is the 50.128.0.0/9 I am in, it encompasses more then 8 million IP address.  They seem to be triggering their 'abuse' status as less than 0.1% of the total users in that block alone.

I know this SPAM problem is difficult to resolve and I believe Comcast is doing a pretty good job of getting it mostly right.  I ssee the periodic notices intrusions blocked and SPAM they've preventing hitting my servers and am thankful.  But, according to UCEPROTECT, a self-appointed 'protector' of our email, it's not enough.  Comcast should reach out to UCEPROTECT ensure this 0.1% of abuse doesn't cause the other 99.9% (such as me) to have problems.

Official Employee

• 

4 Messages

@aerodesic We appreciate the information, but I would also recommend to reach out to UCEPROTECT to see if they will unblock from their end since they are the ones that did it. My team is here if you should need any further assistance. 

This reply has been converted into a comment

• 

8 Messages

@Comcast_Janelle​ I did reach out the quality assurance (postmaster) site and files a request, per a tier2 conversation.  But FYI, I did not do this initially because the postmaster link in my rejected email from comcast, showed two black list codes: BL000100 and BL000200.  The postmaster site requested it be used *only* for code BL0000000 rejection notices.  The tier2 person who send me to the site suggested the information display on the web page was 'old' :-).  Anyway, it was posted and we'll see if it does the trick.

• 

8 Messages

Followup: checking my postfix logs, I see there have been no rejected DNSBL messages since about 5am this morning (it is not about 5pm.)  Longest stretch so far!  My postfix queues are empty and things again, purring along peacefully.  I will reach out again if things go south, but so far it looks like y'all did what needed to be done.  Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

63 Messages

aerodesic Thanks for reaching back out to confirm. I am happy to hear it is currently working. Let us know if you have any additional issues. We are here to help! 

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

2 months ago

This was not resolved. Click "View other replies" under the last post. The OP probably has moved on from Comcast by now because email delivery is important.