Skip to content
DiLeake's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 12th, 2021 9:00 AM

Business Closure due to Covid - hit with insane Early Termination fees

It is bad enough to be closing ones business but now, in addition to having drained the accounts attempting to keep things running I am hearing there is no releif of any kind for customers who have dutifully paid their bills for years and now need to terminate the service due to a global pandemic?

I just spoke with a man on the phone trying to disconnect my service.  He was professional but completely cold. He told me there was absolutely no one at the company I could talk to about this and that I need to sign a form agreeing to this massive fee before they'll even start a the 30 day clock to stop billing me.

Is this Comcasts policy regarding closures due to Covid?

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Update:
Called again and explained to a fresh person.  They explained that I could swap my contract to a 29.99 rate with severely limited services until my contract expired then transfered me to the retention department.
The lady there told me that this was not something I had access to and refused to help in any way apart from "you could move it to your home" or "well, you signed a contract".

Comcasts response to covid is strictly no compromise then?

I suppose it doesn't matter since the bill will be going to a defunct company with no assets.  Am I to file for bankruptcy as well over this?

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @DiLeake, I'm sorry the pandemic has hit your business hard and made it difficult for you. I can only imagine what you're going through. I'm very proud of some of the measures Comcast has taken to support our customers, and this link will shed some light on the steps we've taken: https://comca.st/3rLW9YG. Can you please let me know if you're able to access this link? 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I've already read that.  There is absolutely nothing in there to offer meaningful relief to businessses which have been forced to close due to the pandemic.  Insofar as I can tell the policy Comcast has taken on that issue is

"We don't care that you've been forced to close and have lost everything.  No compromises on your contract.  Pay up."

Administrator

• 

32 Messages

3 years ago

This isn't the way we want you to feel, @DiLeake. Thank you for letting us know you had a chance to review the website. We want to chat in a private message to see how we can help! You have reached an amazing team to help look into this. Please click on my handle (Comcast_Che) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc.), and the phone or account number.  

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

3 years ago

This isn't the way we want you to feel, @DiLeake. Thank you for letting us know you had a chance to review the website. We want to chat in a private message to see how we can help! You have reached an amazing team to help look into this. Please click on my handle (Comcast_Che) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc.), and the phone or account number.  

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I ran into the exact same issue with Comcast. My business has closed, I've lost everything, and the person I spoke to on the retention department could not care less. All he could continuously repeat, is "Well you signed a contract". I get it, but I did not expect a pandemic to close everything down and make money tight. But Comcast is so money hungry none of that matters. 

When I first called, I was offered the option to convert my business account to a residential account, and this was great! The agent said I need to start with the "Ressy" department and transferred me over. I spent time with the residential agent getting my new account setup, and even paid the $50 deposit. The agent then transferred me back to the retention department, where I got a new agent. I reiterated the past conversations to this new person, who then came back and told me "They will not let me out of my contract without paying an etf, and they only were letting people out of their contract with the first pandemic because of the financial hardship that hit." This is ridiculous, I live in California, and we are still in the first pandemic. I tried to hold on as long as I possibly could, because, who wants to give up their business. But now because, I didn't meet Comcast's timing, I'm stuck paying a ridiculous fee to get out of a contract that I can no longer afford to pay. And it is absolutely ridiculous that none of their Reps are ever on the same page, and you get ridiculously different solutions from each one. The last rep wouldn't even let me talk to a manager after requesting it over 10 times. I'm furious with how this was handled, and how each rep told me wildly different things. I honestly expected a lot more, and I will never recommend Comcast to friend or business again. 

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

Hello, thanks for sharing. I know this was a frustrating and exhausting experience. Especially during the pandemic. I will be more than happy to help and follow up on your account. When is the last time you called our business team? Feel free to send a private message with your name, service address, and account number (or phone number) This will help us locate and review your account. 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I don't even seem to have the option to send you a private message. When I click on your profile, it doesn't show the send message option. 

Problem solver

• 

17 Messages

Can you do me a favor and please click the "message" icon in the upper right-hand corner, then search the name "Comcast Business" to connect with us. That should do it. Let me know if you do run into any problems though.

I no longer actively support the Comcast Business Forum or work for Comcast. 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Please add me to the screwed Comcast Business customer list. I regrettably have Comcast Business service. First, I pay more than the price stated on the contract and Comcast cannot provide the promised phone service. NOW THE PANDEMIC HAS MADE PAYING $135 A MONTH FOR BAD SERVICE IMPOSSIBLE AND COMCAST WANTS MORE THAN $2,000 TO CANCEL THE REMAINING 23 MONTHS ON A 36-MONTH CONTRACT I SIGNED UNDER DURESS DURING THE EARLY PANDEMIC.

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

Hello, @, thank you for reaching out in our forum and giving me a chance to help you. I can only imagine what you've been going through during the pandemic and I'm sorry to hear you've been hit hard. I'd love a chance to help turn this situation around and help you with your service issues. I won't be able to make any changes to your account, to do that you'll need to reach out to our business team. I can help with your service issues, and work to troubleshoot with you. Can you please provide some background details regarding the service issues you're running into? 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Early Cancellation fee waived by the pandemic

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Add me to the list of unhappy *former* business owners hit hard by the pandemic. We've closed and Comcast will not assist in anyway. The insane early termination fee is not doable. Will literally avoid all Comcast services from here forward. I've already told friends and business peers to steer clear.

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

Hello, @, I'm sorry to hear you had to close your business, I can't even begin to imagine what you've gone through. I truly hope a new and better opportunity comes your way soon. I'd love a chance to help turn this situation around and help in any way I can. In order to get started can you please click the chat bubble in the top right corner and send a message to our "Comcast Business" handle? 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

@user_4c4680 Its funny because I had @comcast_marcos comment on my account too, when I did message they said I encourage you to call again, we in chat support can not help with issues like this. What a joke. Comcast doesn't care about their customers. 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@Comcast_Marcos  there is no chat bubble, at least not one that works. Also if you are just going to direct me to 'call again' please don't.  And, finally, you guys sent me a voluntary disconnect docusign about the same time I posted the original message. I can't open it to read it, please explain.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Hi there@, to confirm, are you signed into your account? If you are, you should be able to see a chat icon on the top right corner. Please let me know if that is still not the case. Thank you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@comcast_selena I am signed into my account. What does the chat bubble look like?

Official Employee

• 

78 Messages

Great question! The chat icon is located in the top right of the screen, next to the bell! 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just called to inquire about cancelling business service and I was told I would have to pay for the remaining months. Who expected the pandemic to have such a lasting effect on businesses and many businesses are not able to recover.  Sad it's a reminder of which companies continued to help out small businesses or business period. 

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

@user_75075b Thank you for reaching out with your feedback, I can send any feedback you have up, but with Disconnection requests, and any questions or disputes regarding charges associated with disconnection, you would want to contact us at 1(800)391-3000. 

I no longer work for Comcast.