Skip to content
U

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 28th, 2021 10:02 PM

Closed

Reverse DNS Record

I need a reverse DNS Record setup for one of our static IPs.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I was able to resolve this with a phone call finally which took about 10 minutes, unlike my first phone call which accomplished nothing and lasted an hour. I'm not sure why you had difficulty understanding my request about changing the ptr records. but your response has nothing to with the public DNS records.

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

Hey, there @user_bc72c5! Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to reach out, I would be more than happy to help getting a reverse DNS setup for you. In order to get started can you please click the chat bubble in the top right corner and send a message to our "Comcast Business" handle?

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I need this done for the school I work for too. This used to be easier in that I could just send a request via email or open a ticket. I tried calling but after an hour the person on the phone lost my connection in that he couldn't hear me anymore. He really didn't understand what I was asking for. Can you tell me how to get this done? 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

You can use the following steps to complete a reverse DNS Lookup: 

1. Select the search bar or Run from the Start menu.
  2. Type in “cmd”.
  3. Click OK or press Enter.
  4. Type “nslookup” into the command prompt.
  5. Enter the IP address in question.

We don't have a way to create a continuous lookup or other record, but you can use these steps to find the information you're looking for.

I no longer work for Comcast.

New problem solver

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I don't need to look up what is listed for the IP I need the DNS entry for my Comcast static IP changed to indicate a different URL. For example. 70.x.x.x might no longer point to abc.school.org but now needs to point to xyz.school.org. In the past, I have been able to ask for this change from Comcast but it has gotten increasingly difficult. I am registered with Network Solutions and do have DNS records there but the ones that refer to the A records and to the PTR records don't change unless Comcast makes the change. The previous email I used to request these changes was [Edited: "Personal Information"]. Thanks.

(edited)