Skip to content
shadmin's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 11:00 AM

Closed

Need a PTR record

We would like to have a pointer record added.  Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi shadmin.

I can help with your PTR record request. Please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full address of your business location and the phone number associated with your business account. Please also include the static address you would like to use along with where you would like that to resolve to. 

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

We would like to provision our own reverse DNS using DNS Made Easy. Can you help?

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

5 years ago

Hey CNT. I just sent you a message on another Forums post (https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Domain-Names-Static-IP/rDNS-request/m-p/37517#M3004). I can help with your PTR request. Send me a private message to get started.

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

We recently started using DNS Made Easy to host our DNS services.  We would like to also have them provide reverse DNS service that we can manage.  How do I go about getting reverse DNS delegated to their name servers?

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello,

I also need a PTR record.  We have 5 static IPs and when a link is included to our domain, it gets flagged as "suspicious link" because there is no reverse PTR to look up and find a matching domain.  I won't post IP and domain here, but would like you to do the same for me, send me your contact info and I will send it as private message.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. PTR records can be very important when using your own email servers and I would be more than happy to assist you in getting these records set up. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Please see below:

I have a job ticket in for a change to my PTR record.

I have followed up on the job ticket a couple of times and been told a technician is working ticket.

It seems like it should be completed by now.

Are you able to check into this for me?

Thanks

John

After a little (and anticipated) pain, I did get through to someone at Comcast who knew what a PTR record is.

Ticket # CR 91094356 was escalated to tier 2 support.

24 hour estimate

I expect to receive a call when they are either working on it or are done.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your PTR request. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I would love to get you an update on your request. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Added new set of IP addresses today, wanted to add PTR records for my mail server that points to the new IP address , can you help

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your PTR records. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I would love to help you get these PTR records set up for your new static Ip's. Can you please reach out through  https://comca.st/3a89raC with your first and last name, business service address, and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We need to change our default DNS configuration (PTR record).  Can someone help?

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

We need to get some PTR records set up. Business support is telling me this is past the Demarc so Comcast can’t do it.

From the forum entries here, I see that it can.

How can I go about this? Can I use the same URL Comcast_Michelle provided?

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I need a ptr record. Who do I contact?

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Who do I contact to create a ptr record?

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Who do I contact to create a ptr record?