Skip to content
O

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 24th, 2022 1:39 PM

RE: Comcast ACH Originator ID

Was anyone ever able to obtain Comcast's ACH Originator ID, or the third party payment processor's ACH ID?  I have been on the phone with Comcast more times than I care to count in order to setup an ACH payment since the USPS takes 15-20 days to deliver a check to their PO Box from Chicago.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

2 years ago

This is a great question! Please see here to set up automatic payments: https://comca.st/3pHibg8

Note: If you choose to utilize a checking account, please ensure that your bank permits auto drafts from your account. If you choose to utilize a credit or debit card as your payment method, you will need to periodically review your information to ensure your credit card has not expired.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hello user_ef6581- I am having the same problem with my company's Comcast payments being snail-mailed from Chicago and Comcast online billpay has not proven to be the solution! This has been an ongoing issue since August 2022.

Comcast_Billie - bless your heart, but RIF - WE ARE BUSINESS CUSTOMERS.  BUSINESSES NEED THE 10-DIGIT COMCAST ACH ID NUMBER not the link you provided to setup billpay as though we are paying a residential bill.

Here's why businesses need those 10 digits:

Because there are ACH fraud filters in place with my company’s business bank account, I must complete a preauthorization form before an ACH can clear from a given originator (i.e., COMCAST).  This ensures that only companies I approve can request payment from my company’s bank account successfully.  As such, to set up the online bill pay and successfully pay the bill, I need Comcast's ACH originator ID, Comcast’s ACH Company ID or that of Comcast’s third-party payment processor IF Comcast outsources this service. The ID is 10 digits long. 

I have setup online bill payment for my business’s Comcast account, however, I need the correct 10 digits for the payment to actually process through my business's bank - the Tax ID provided by Comcast has been provided to me twice and was setup at the bank.  Payment was rejected which means it is not the right 10-digit number.

The correct 10-digit number that I MUST PROVIDE TO THE BANK will let them know that it is okay for Comcast to request payment from my business’s bank account.  If I do not give my bank this information, the ACH request for payment from Comcast will continue to be rejected. 

I have searched, inquired and cannot obtain this information.  It seems I am not the only one who has been unsuccessful.  Too bad the Comcast 1-800- number keeps pushing businesses to pay via online bilIpay but are not equipped to provide the 10-digit number. Comcast will need to get this information their bank or from their ACH file that processes through NACHA.

To date, no one I have been in contact with at Comcast seems to know their Comcast ACH ID 10-digit number or how to get it.  Comcast gave me the Tax ID number which I provided on the bank's preauthorization form, however payment REJECTED.    Got on the phone this week several more times, got several more people and was forwarded to voicemail - no one returned my message from the Accounts Receivable area.  Yesterday, a guy stayed on the phone with me through the 1-800 debacle of a conversation and gave me a separate claim ticket # for this issue.  Today, I received an e-mail to use the same Tax ID previously provided in October 2022 that I already had setup at the bank (and which REJECTED). 

Is there anyone in Comcast billing/corporate/A/R that can provide this information so that I can finish the bank's preauthorization form to actually pay the business bill online and not have to worry about the payment rejecting? 

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Thanks for the clarification! I was able to locate this article for Assistance with Comcast Business Account ACH/Vendor form setup. Please let me know if this answers your question. We don't want you to have any more trouble with this.

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

@OMG_help1​ Did you ever have any luck locating this information? I have gone in circles via email and the 1-800 number and no one can help. 

Official Employee

• 

210 Messages

It looks like you have attempted to post some personal information in our public forum. We have suppressed that information to keep your personal data private. Please review our Forum Guidelines below for additional information as to the type of information we want to help you protect: https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/conversations/announcements/comcast-businesssupport-community-guidelines/5fe0a62cc5375f08cd9613e5