Skip to content
Latitude42's profile

New problem solver

• 

30 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015 7:00 PM

Xfinity Hotspot disable (May 7 post from Comcast John) not there

I had Cicsco DPC3939B installed on June 3 to replace an old SMC 8014 CG.  I have read the May 7 post saying there is now a way to disable the Xfinity Hotspot through the business customer portal. When I log onto the CG locally, there is nothing there allowing me to turn off public hotspot, and htis is as expected.

But when I log onto the customer self service portal, the enable/disable feature is not there as described in the May 7 instructions. 

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Latitude and welcome,

Please follow these instructions to access the online Wifi control.  If you are a brand new customer recently installed it may take a day or 2 for all your facilities to become available on your Comcast Business Portal.

Hope this helps you out.

New problem solver

• 

30 Messages

9 years ago

OK, it's been 48 hours since installation of the 3839B and I just spent 15 minutes on the line with tech support. I guided the phone agent right to the May 7 posting that presently appears at the top of this department (Business Wifi) of the forum. He seemed to be completely flummoxed by what he was seeing. He put me on hold for a while, came back, and said that the second opinions he had just received concurred that the feature (i.e., the WiFi control in the customer portal) does not exist, and they could not explain why the May 7 post is there. 

New problem solver

• 

30 Messages

9 years ago

And this morning, "Manage Internet" has completely disappeared from the self service portal. I am quite sure I am logged in as the main administrator. So instead of nearing resoluton on what the portal is supposed to offer, I am slipping further away.

New problem solver

• 

30 Messages

9 years ago

"Manage Internet" returned to my customer portal sometime today, still no "Manage Wifi" seleciton there. So I'm back to Square One.

Is Comcast monitoring this thread? Here is what I said. I phoned Comcast to say I was looking to control Wifi through the portal. I proved to the agent that I wasn't just making it up (this I did by leading him through the instructions on the website while talking on the phone).  While the agent was not rude to me, he said the facilitiy does not exist and he couldn't understand why Comcast ever posted instructions to use it. When he did his own phone-a-friend within Comcast, those resources agreed with him (he reported to me) that it's some kind of fantasy, and controlling business Wifi through the portal doesn't exist.

New problem solver

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

I am in the same boat. I saw the sticky post by @Comcast_John dated May 7, 2015 stating that business customers can turn off the XFINITY Public WifI Hotspot. When I login to my business account, I do not see the option to Turn Off the Xfinity Hotspot. 

What is the solution to this never ending issue?

From my understanding, you can no longer access the modem via 10.1.10.1 via Wifi. Even if you connected to the modem via a LAN cable, it still does not allow you to disable the XFINITY Wifi.

Comcast_John can you please help us?

When XFINITY Wifi is enabled, I get lots of connectivity issues. When off, all those connectivity issues disappear. 

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

9 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am currently verifying the status of business portal access to disable the Xfinity wifi but Comcast technicians such as myself can go in and disable thsi feature for the time being. Until I do verify customer access to this feature would you please send me a private message including your account inforomation so that we can get your modem configured to your liking.

Thank You!

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Any word on this? I'm having the same problem since I tracked down radio interference tot he Xfinity hotspot.

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

9 years ago

Hello Partner_Software ,

I'm not sure it's not showing on your portal, but I turned off your xfinity wifi.