Skip to content
ujimaadmin's profile

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, December 7th, 2016 3:00 PM

New Email Account Can't Login, Says Pending Activation

I just created a new email user like I've done dozens of times before.  I gave the new user his temporary password and when he tries to login he gets this error message...

"We're Sorry... This Link Has Expired

For security purposes, you must activate your account in order to sign in. For details on how to activate your account, please refer to the activation email you received. If you are unable to locate your activation email, please contact a manager of this online account to request another invitation."

Where is the activation email sent to?  The new email account that he can't login to?  I can't find an activation email anywhere and my new user can't login to his email account. Please help.

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Having the same issue... was feeling very dumb. Hoping you'll share the solution/outcome with us when you can. Thanks! 

New problem solver

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

Dealing with the same issue... Wasting my time.

New problem solver

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

WOW, was just told I can't add users until the new year after a migration is complete. That is plain out unacceptable. Was given the option to "accelerate" my migration for a fee.  A FEE? Time to take my business elsewhere!

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

WOW!  Good to know, I haven't even been able to get a live person to talk to about it yet.  Thanks for sharing the info.

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

ujimaadmin,

If you still need assistance with the verification link please send me a private message with your account number and email in question. 

Thank you 

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Hello jspencer, 

I'm not sure who told you this but accelerating issues for a fee is not something we do. Can you please send me a private message with your account number and user email so we can investigate?

Thank you

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Have the same issue here. The new account will not activate no matter what I do. What next?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the same problem.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue here. Hoping for a solution soon.

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We are having the same issue. Has a solution been found?

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Setup a new e-mail account like I've done several times.  E-mail address says "Pending Activation" and can't access the e-mail when signed in to "activate."

This process is moronic.  We don't want our employees to have the ability to change their passwords.

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I'm not able to get a password for a new user. First new user's sign in said "link has expired"  Now all we get is Pending activation- resend email.  Where am I sending an email to? 

Why hasnt Comcast informed us of this problem?

I've had a Comcast business account for 7 years and it's been one problem after another.

We've had inexperienced technicians who obviously have very little training. When they cant fix the problem, they call in another tech.  This process continues until a tech is found who is able to figure it out.

We are ready to move on.

Please advise.  I've had an employee waiting for a week for his email.

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

All,

I finally spoke to a very knowledgeable rep at Comcast and she informed me of why this is happening.  She said Comcast is in the process of retiring their own hosted Exchange email services and migrating customers to Office 365 hosted Exchange, which would be at an extra monthly, per user cost.  She said due to this migration, Comcast is no longer allowing new users to be created on their retiring Exchange servers.  I explained to her the business impact this is having on our users and she said we could agree to the new Office 365 costs (which include a per user migration fee) and she could put in a request to accelerate the migration (which otherwise wouldn't happen for several months at best) or we could migrate our email services to another provider.  I opted to move our email service to Office 365 directly through Microsoft because they offer a not-for-profit discount and Comcast does not for the same services and I know how to perform the migration so I don't want to pay the migration fees.  I hope this saves others from having to spend days on the phone with tech support for the same information!