Skip to content
Kingsriver's profile

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 4:00 PM

Need to increase my mailbox RulesQuota to 256kb

it can only be done by an exchange administrator. Where do I go, who do I talk to?

Nobody I call at Comcast has ever heard of it. 

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

I am very familiar with Outlook RuleQuota and I apologize for not being certain it was covered in that reference post I provided to you.  However, Comcast Exchange services cannot be modified for specific customer requirements.  As we both know, the default is 64KB and if you run out of space, my recommendation to you would be the following:

• Delete rules you no longer need.

• Shorten the names of your rules.

• Combine one or more rules that do the same thing.

• Remove criteria from rules.

Hope this helps you out.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello Kingriver and welcome,

Please refer to this standard Business Class Email limitations documentation that cannot be changed for individual customers. 

Hope this helps you out.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your reply. If I read correctly, your link is talking about the mailbox size limit. I am not referring to the mailbox size, as I have only scratched mine. The RulesQuota is the amount of rules one can use to direct mail to specific folders. Outlook 2010 comes with a default of 64kb which can be changed to 256KB, but only by an exchanged server administrator, which would be Comcast... I believe....

I struggle with the concept that nobody @ Comcast can come up with an answer to A RuleQuota change request.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank You for your quick response, very coherent. The changes that you reccomend I have undertaken, but it will be a temp one at best, as I use rules extensivley. It appears that Comcast policy is leaving me with two choices, 1. run my own exchange server or 2. find a different exhange server that is willing to modify the RulesQuota to 256kb, as it can be done.

Again thanks for your time & prompt reply.