Skip to content
czpdx's profile

New Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Friday, August 14th, 2015 11:00 AM

Conference room resource

Does anyone know if it is possible to add resources to Comcast's Exchange system? We have a conference room that we want to have its own calendar for scheduling, but I can't figure out the best way to do this. I've temporarily rigged up a system where it works, but I had to create a user account and e-mail for the conference room and set it to automatically accept meeting requests. Unfortunately, this uses up one of our allocated user accounts and I'd rather not have to pay an additional monthly fee just to be able to schedule resources.

Thanks in advance!

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello czpdx and welcome, If you google "conference room scheduler" there are many software packages available to schedule your conference room. Unfortunately MS Outlook requires a email account to handle any calendar scheduling activity. Hope this helps you out.

New Contributor

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I don't think you understood my question. In Exchange, a resource is a special type of mailbox specifically for users to schedule and reserve things like conference rooms, projectors, and the like. In a normal Exchange environment, there's a way to set up such mailboxes that is different than a normal user mailbox. It does not appear that Comcast's stripped-down Exchange interface has such functionality, but that's what I'm looking for and trying to confirm.

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hello czpdx, Did you ever find out if Comcast Exchange has Conference room resource available?

-Ron Maagero