Skip to content
NVTech's profile

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 8th, 2016 12:00 PM

Static IPv6 not available on my modem according to Comcast, despite website saying it is available.

I was just told by Comcast Support that although I have a static /56 IPv6 assignment on this website (at https://business.comcast.com/myaccount/Secure/ManageServices/Internet/ViewStaticIPSettings/) that goes along with my /29 IPv4 assignment, they can't assign it to my modem:

Amara: I did take a look into that and I found out we have not started issuing static IPv6 addresses yet
Jason: That isn't correct accounting to Comcast's website. I'm in Indiana.
Jason: http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/IPV6/Static-IPv6-Rollout-Update/m-p/30474#U30474
Jason: Static IPv6 addressing is now available to Comcast Business customers in our  Central & Western Regions. Comcast Business Customers in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana,Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Kansas, California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Colorado and Minnesota with the following devices, Netgear CG3000 DCR, Cisco 3939B or Cisco 3941B can now add fixed Static IPv6 addresses to their Comcast Business Service. For customers that currently have Static IPv4 addresses, a /56 static IPv6 block will be added at no additional cost and configured on the Comcast Gateway.

Amara: I understand what you are saying and I am looking at an email on that. The process has not started yet
Amara: It will be soon but we have not rolled out IPv6.
Jason: It says "Now Available"
Jason: I don't understand how it is listed as static on the website, and the website also says now available, but you can't put it on my modem.
Amara: I understand what you are saying, but I am looking in all our databases and I don't see one assign to your account and I have also confirmed that we have not rolled out the static ipv6
Amara: If it were rolled out, it would be available on your account for use
Jason: Do we have a way to escalate this chat to another group?
Amara: No sir. static IPv6 has not been release and escalating it does not really change anything

So, can someone here either correct the forum post I linked to in my chat that says it IS available, or correct Comcast support with some more training?

I shouldn't have to work out the communications issues between this forum support group and the online chat support group as a customer.

Thank you for your attention to this.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

Hello NVTech and welcome to forums,

I apologize for any miscommunications you suffered recently. As static IPv6 is a new products not all of our support reps have been granted access manipulate such a new and important database. if you static assignment has not been completed please send me a private message so I can assist you. Again I apologize for the communications.

Thank You

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I do not see IPv6 static assignments in my account, but this was supposed to be rolled out everywhere by Q4 2016 as per your sticky note.  I'm in San Francisco, and have one of the older SMC gateways.

Is the fact that I don't see v6 static assignments in my related to my SMC gateway?  If not, when will static IPv6 assignments be available?

Christopher