Skip to content
JohnM-Abq's profile

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

Monday, October 3rd, 2016 2:00 AM

Static IPv6 and Reverse DNS nameserver delegation

I saw the message on Sep. 30 that static IPv6 is now rolled out here in New Mexico, and sure enough, the admin page for my account shows it as having a Static /56, and I've even figured out how to used the 'Advanced' options in pfSense to sub-delegate to several /64 internal subnets.

What I would REALLY like to do now would be to have the reverse DNS for my /56 prefix delegated to my own name servers so that I can manage IPv6 PTR records myself.  Is this possible, maybe via email like it's been for setting individual IPv4 PTR records?

If not, can we at least provide a list of IPv6 addresses and their DNS hostnames like we currently do with IPv4?

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

Hello JohnM-Abq and welcome to forums,

Would you please send me a private message so I can get your request processed? -MPD

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I sent a private reply yesterday.. Did you receive it?  I haven't heard anything so far.

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hello

Same here, I really need to have the Ipv6 reverse delegated to our name-servers, it been giving us fit to test our software on ipv6....

Any Comcast tech can help ? I called the 800-# 3 times and so far no luck ....

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi momo and welcome to the support forums.

I would like to help with your reverse DNS request. Please private message me your account number, your business name, the IP address and what name they should be pointing to.