Skip to content
U

• 

5 Messages

Monday, December 4th, 2023 2:57 AM

ipv6 manual dns not being honored

Hello comcast business,

I have a dns server on my network. My ipv4 clients are given the correct dns LAN address, but my ipv6 clients still use the comcast servers.

I have set the primary and secondary dns servers in the ipv6 sections of `local ip network` and checked `set dns manually` but it has no effect on my clients. I have confirmed that new LAN clients are given the comcast dns server instead of my LAN dns server. 

Is this there a solution to this issue? Thanks for your time

Official Employee

• 

9 Messages

8 months ago

@user_74bb6c So sorry to hear that but we'd love to help. Could I please get your full name and address in a direct message to get started?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

• 

5 Messages

Hello Comcast_Josh, thanks for the quick reply. There is not a user named "Xfinity Support" in the to-field. I took the liberty of sending it to "ComcastBiz_Support" instead.

Official Employee

• 

11 Messages

@user_74bb6c we apologize for the experience and would love to help. Could I please get your full name and address in a direct message to get started?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Comcast Business" in the to line and select "Comcast Business" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

• 

5 Messages

Thanks I'll do that, but also I've found users on the forum to be more helpful than your support at times. Anyone wanna take a stab at answering this?