Skip to content
NetDog_Tuska's profile

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 10:00 AM

Dual-Stack on SMC D3GCCR and Cisco DPC3939B

Dual-Stack have been enabled on both the SMC D3G CCR and the Cisco DPC3939B..  If you dont have dual-stack reboot your device and the bootfile will enable it..

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Okay, so it has been awhile then for SMC to even look at this? If I want to switch modems, which one is the best right now (Netgear?)? What is the easiest way for me to get a different modem (can I take mine into a local Comcast service center or do I have to place a workorder for one and have someone deliver it?)?

From following this forum, it sounds like Cisco, Netgear, and SMC are my choices and each one has their own little issues.

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@LiFePO4 wrote:

Okay, so it has been awhile then for SMC to even look at this? If I want to switch modems, which one is the best right now (Netgear?)? What is the easiest way for me to get a different modem (can I take mine into a local Comcast service center or do I have to place a workorder for one and have someone deliver it?)?

From following this forum, it sounds like Cisco, Netgear, and SMC are my choices and each one has their own little issues.

Bottom line is if you want a router with sub-prefix delegation yes you will want the NetGear and it will assign a /60..  I am using this in my house and it works great..

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

10 years ago

@Comcast_Tuska,

slightly unrelated, but you say you are using the Netgear personally.... the last time I used this gateway was about a 9 months ago, and I saw an intermittent packet loss/delay issue that was noted in a long thread on this forum - i have corresponded with multiple people publicly and privately & we all experienced it, consistently across multiple replacements of the gateway. Have you noticed anything of the sort?

New Contributor

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

> Bottom line is if you want a router with sub-
> prefix delegation yes you will want the
> NetGear and it will assign a /60.. I am using
> this in my house and it works great..

Does this mean that the SMC will not see a resolution for the delegation issue?

Thanks

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@train_wreck wrote:

@Comcast_Tuska,

slightly unrelated, but you say you are using the Netgear personally.... the last time I used this gateway was about a 9 months ago, and I saw an intermittent packet loss/delay issue that was noted in a long thread on this forum - i have corresponded with multiple people publicly and privately & we all experienced it, consistently across multiple replacements of the gateway. Have you noticed anything of the sort?

No but I cant say that I have really been monitoring it that closely..  Let me get my Nagios online and take a look..

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@waitingforv6 wrote:

Does this mean that the SMC will not see a resolution for the delegation issue?

Thanks

I didn't say that..  Some people want instant gratification on here and that will not be the SMC.. All I can do is tell you we have been working with SMC to correct the issue, I know they know what the issue is but I dont know when we will receive new code for testing.. 

New problem solver

• 

74 Messages

10 years ago

Is there currenty a modem that supports IPv6 properly for Businessclass customers with static IPs? ("properly" meaning multiple routable /64s ). I wouldn't mind paying for the switch, but with static IPs, I can't use a non-Comcast provided modem.

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@flybynight wrote:

Is there currenty a modem that supports IPv6 properly for Businessclass customers with static IPs? ("properly" meaning multiple routable /64s ). I wouldn't mind paying for the switch, but with static IPs, I can't use a non-Comcast provided modem.

Do you have a router behind the cable modem?  Are you looking for sub-prefix delegation?  If so the NetGear works today for this the sub-prefix is a /60.. 

If this is not what your looking for ping me via PM and tell me what your looking for..

New problem solver

• 

74 Messages

10 years ago

I do have a router, and a /60 would be perfect. Now I just need to figure out how to get my modem swapped for a Netgear.

thanks

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Can you tell me exactly what model Netgear you are referring to?  When I google "CCR", all I see is SMC, which I didn't think was Netgear.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Is anyone else having problems getting a DHCPv6 lease from a DPC3939B?  The only thing I get is the link-local address, never get a true IPV6 address.  I can see in the modem that it's setup and ready for it; however, nothing gets assigned.  If I hook up a laptop, I don't get an IPV6 address either. 

New problem solver

• 

74 Messages

10 years ago

I believe this is the "Netgear" modem:

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/device.php?devid=347

The full model name is CG3000DCR

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

You should be able to setup a service call to have them swap the CCR. I just did it to swap the SMC for Netgear. Had to do a truck roll, but no charge for the swap.

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@caseyj374 wrote:

Is anyone else having problems getting a DHCPv6 lease from a DPC3939B?  The only thing I get is the link-local address, never get a true IPV6 address.  I can see in the modem that it's setup and ready for it; however, nothing gets assigned.  If I hook up a laptop, I don't get an IPV6 address either. 

PM me your CM-MAC, email address and I will take a quick look..

New Contributor

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Just checking to see if there is any progress on the SMC delegation?

Thanks