Skip to content
NetDog_Tuska's profile

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 10:00 AM

Dual-Stack on SMC D3GCCR and Cisco DPC3939B

Dual-Stack have been enabled on both the SMC D3G CCR and the Cisco DPC3939B..  If you dont have dual-stack reboot your device and the bootfile will enable it..

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@waterb0yvt wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  If I understand you correctly, there is actually (2) /64s available on the LAN side of the SMC & Cisco.  One is used by the internal DHCPv6 server, and then another that is a sub-prefix delegated /64.  

If the above is correct, I'm not seeing the sub-prefix delegated /64.  RAs only show the /64 that is setup in the DHCP server.

Yes that is how it should be working, but the Cisco sub delegation is not working as of today..  The Cisco device will hand out dual-stack to it's LAN but is not handing out a sub delegation

New problem solver

• 

74 Messages

10 years ago

Getting closer with my SMC modem.

I do see the PD now for a /64 (in addition to the /64 for the "LAN" side of the modem).

My /64 for the LAN (slightly obfuscated with 'y' and 'x') 

2601:e:y000:xx00::/64

The delegated /64:

2601:e:y000:xxff::/64

The problem right now is that the modem doesn't appear to route the delegated /64. As a test, I see ICMPv6 echo requests for google go out, but nothing coming back. Still experimenting a bit, but that seems to be the holdup right now.

New problem solver

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same issue on my Cisco 1841.

I get the same FF delegation but the modem does not route to it.  

Also the External Router Delegated Prefix section of the IPv6 Setup tab is empty.  I would expect that this would have something listed there if the PD was working properly.

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

I am looking into the sub-prefix issues now..

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same issue with the SMC. Only able to get a /64 using prefix delegation (not a huge problem, but bigger would be helpful). My router is able to reach the IPv6 internet. Packets from machines using the PD subnet reach the destination (verified by inspecting packets received on an outside IPv6 system) but the responses are not making it back to the PD subnet. e.g. ping6 is received on outside system, but no response to the ping6 is seen in the PD subnet.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Same issue here using SMC Modem; IPV6 goes out but no response.

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

I have confirmed the sub-prefix has no route bad from the SMC..  Working with the vendor to correct this issue..

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

What kind of timeframe are we talking about for this? Days? Weeks? Months? Would it be quicker to call support to switch to the Netgear modem?

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

We are working on it, need to know what the issue is before we can get a fix..

New Contributor

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Any news on the state of the SMC routing issue?

Thanks

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@gadams999 wrote:

Checking on any update to the IA_PD issues on the D3GCCR (with static IPv4 addresses) and a question regarding the proper config for prefix delegations to work.

When I have the "Enable LAN DHCPv6" checked as above, I can see my router (pfSense 1.2.4) send and receive XID solicit/advertize messages. When it's unchecked the CCR doesn't respond back.Checking to make sure LAN DHCPv6 needs to be enabled.

As for the current issue, any idea on FW updates to support the route back for delegations? I swear one of the days I'lll get IPvt6 working with CBI and pfSense!

The SMC will not work correctly in this config, the SMC doesnt route the sub-prefix correctly..    But yes DHCPv6 needs to be enabled to get a sub-prefix assignment..

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@waitingforv6 wrote:

Any news on the state of the SMC routing issue?

Thanks

We are working with SMC on this waiting on word from them..

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Checking on any update to the IA_PD issues on the D3GCCR (with static IPv4 addresses) and a question regarding the proper config for prefix delegations to work.

2014-12-05_15-11-07.png

When I have the "Enable LAN DHCPv6" checked as above, I can see my router (pfSense 1.2.4) send and receive XID solicit/advertize messages. When it's unchecked the CCR doesn't respond back.Checking to make sure LAN DHCPv6 needs to be enabled.

As for the current issue, any idea on FW updates to support the route back for delegations? I swear one of the days I'lll get IPvt6 working with CBI and pfSense!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Any updates on the SMC and the sub-prefix delegation routing?

Problem solver

• 

90 Messages

10 years ago

@joshuarubin wrote:

Any updates on the SMC and the sub-prefix delegation routing?

I worked with SMC on Friday they are looking into it..  The NetGear CCR device works with sub-prefix delegation, I have it in my house and my router works great..

Oh the NetGear supplies a /60..