Skip to content
rrepic's profile

• 

5 Messages

Friday, April 22nd, 2016 12:00 PM

New Install: SMCD3G not on 10.1.10.1

New SMC install and new business class service. The SMC D3G doesnt respond on 10.1.10.1. In looking at DHCP tables on my computer connected directly to SMC, Im on a 73.287.88.x network. Ive tried reseting the SMC.

I need to put my own router behind the SMC D3G but cannot log into the SMC.

Thanks!!!!

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Tried factory reset, still no access to 10.1.10.1 (tried 6x).

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Was able to talk to 10.1.10.1 "when" I disconnected the SMC from Comcast.  All settings appear to be factory (no virtual bridge mode). Once I connected cable back to the SMC, it completed initialization and kicked 10.1.10.1. TechSupport says the gateway is offline from their side but its online and working (hence my post).  Having TechSupport check config for "True Bridge Mode" as it sure acts like its in bridge mode vs router.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hello rrepic and welcome,

Your computer must be wired ethernet connected to any LanPort 1-4, then open a browser and enter 10.1.10.1 in the address field, username is cusadmin, password is highspeed. If you are still having trouble, contact 800-391-3000, use the high speed internet technical option, inform Comcast technical agent to login to you SMC and see if he needs to mannually push a Firmware update to correct. Ask the agent to make sure you are NOT in true bridge mode (TBM) because this disables all routing so your will have no DHCP Server available.

Hope this helps you out.

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Per TechSupport, my config is not in bridge mode.  Dispatching local tech support 😞

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

Hello rrepic,

I hoep the recent tech visit was able to resolve your login issues. If you to have any future problems feel free to inbox my self or one of the other Forum Admins or Trusted Forum Contributors ans we will be glad to help.