Skip to content
U

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 23rd, 2021 8:14 PM

CBR-T Rack Mount Brackets

Looking for rack mounting brackets for the CBR-T CGA4131. We use these modems at many locations - on our first install the technician grabbed a set of these rack mounts from the van and installed it for us. Ever since then the techs have never heard of or seen this hardware, and none of the customer support reps know what I'm talking about either. On the set we do have, the model number is TCACBP11 and after a google search looks like its made by Cisco. Nothing coming up online for shopping either. These modems were clearly made to be rack mounted - why are the mounts not available!

Official Employee

• 

23 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_78ac8d, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our team on our Business forums. Could you please send us a private message with your full name, your business name, and your full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look.

By clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page and inputting our shared handle (Comcast Business) you can send us a private message.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issues.  I would like to be able to rack mount the modems, but I cannot find the rack mounts.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  Sometimes the tech has them and other times not.  How do I get more so I can mount the modem in a rack?

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

Hello, @user_75tt! Thank you for connecting with us here! We apologize for the trouble finding the bracket. This is not something we normally supply and send out. Please connect with our amazing Business Sales Team at

(800) 391-3000. They should be able to provide you with the needed parts or information on how to obtain some brackets. 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I've reached out and got told by Comcast, you all don't have these available.  I need to know next step as its really frustrating to get different information and see different things.  What are the options to purchase them if not through you all as I can't seem to find them anywhere online...

New problem solver

• 

71 Messages

@user_0d3517 Sorry about this! Just to confirm, the Business team over the phone said that they were not available? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Online chat. No one answered the phone and no matter what I did, it directed me to billing options

New problem solver

• 

71 Messages

Understood. Very sorry for the confusion. We do not provide rack mounting brackets.  Customers would need to buy those through the rack manufacturer after an installation. 

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

But you don’t provide info on where to get them… it’s literally a

Comcast

Business

Router

New problem solver

• 

71 Messages

I understand the frustration with that. I wish I had better news to share. I would suggest looking into an office supply company or online somewhere that has similar sizing to our routers. 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

@Comcast_Linda @Comcast_Jodie 

These rack mounts/ears come from Comcast and are in every Comcast office and IT closet across Comcast's internal network. When you are on a break, find the IT closet in your building and you will see these rack ears. They are also in the IT rack of nearly every Comcast/Xfinity Retail store and customer service center. Comcast does provide rack mounting brackets and most business install techs have them on their truck. We had an install where the tech didn't have any and he said they would send us some and they haven't. 

Here is what they look like
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10wlunDx0T5R5qK7D4LXnBpIvYWCR1Bcj/view

So how do we get a pair for an existing business location?

1 Message

Hey @TheYPSI I am bummed to hear you're having trouble getting a hold of a mounting rack with your devices. I know how important they are! Did our tech mention dropping them off or have them shipped to you? It seems that it isn't something we usually provide but I want to make sure we're getting you on the right track here.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Good luck getting ahold of them. We're 3d printing our own. 

2 Messages

If you have the 3d file for the rack mount I would like to get a copy.

2 Messages

@IDBZ​ Do you have the STL file or can you tell me where I can download?

Thank you

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Will the CGA4131COM comcast business modem fit on a 1 rack unit shelf installed in a rack?   I believe the answer is yes but wanted to confirm.  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

9 Messages

@user_b2934b I couldn't say but the measurements are 8.42"(W) x 2.09"(D) x 5.71"(H); 163mm x 53mm x 145 mm. 

2 Messages

Yes, it will fit on a shelf. 

Official Employee

• 

27 Messages

Thank you so much for sharing that information with us regarding if the modem will fit, @user_5f66ca! Please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns! 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

So are these available or not? I just got off a chat and they said they don't have them...

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

AGB2, Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to Comcast Business to see if these are available or not. We apologize for the trouble with inding the bracket. This is not something we normally supply and send out. Are you needing help with a modem installation appointment? 

2 Messages

@AGB2​ These are available but only through the installation technician, if they remember to grab them.

My recommendation would be to start a support ticket asking to have your modem replaced. Have them add a note to the technician that brackets are needed. Hopefully the tech comes with the brackets and tell him that the modem doesn't need to be replaced when he gets there.