Skip to content
shawnw1979's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 28th, 2015 5:00 PM

Static IP with Customer Owned Modem?

Is it possible to get Static IP's with customer owned modem? I a Motorola surfboard?

Also I need to get my modem in to Bridge mode so I can have it go through a sonicwall NSA 5500 firewall.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello shawnw1979 and welcome, Comcast only supports its static IP on Comcast gateways provided to business customers for their Internet Service. If you need your Customer Owned Modem (COM) configured to True Bridge Mode (TBM), you will have to contact your COM manufacturer's technical support to put your COM into TBM. Hope this helps you out.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

When it comes to Comcast.. I feel like I'm in some kind of Steven King/Alfred Hitchcock/Twilight Zone version of customer service!

It's hard to imagine that a multi-billion dollar company can be this bad!

The only explanation that seems reasonable to me, is that they just don't give a shit because there's no competition in many markets.. like the one I live in! 

You call them.. you're immediately sent to India... with no alternative but to deal with someone who's only solution to internet problems is to have you reboot your modem!

I hate Comcast with the white-hot intensity of a 1000 Suns!

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hard to imagine a multi-billion company with customer service this bad!

Dealing with Comcast is like being stuck in a never-ending.. Steven King/Alfred Hitchcock/ Twilight Zone episode where you scream at the top of your lungs... and absolutely no sound comes out!

They give you no choice but to have your issues shipped of India... Where the the customer services person's approach to every problems is limited to rebooting your modem! 

The only rationale that makes any sense to me is... the have no competition in many markets... Including the one I live in!

I hate Comcast with the white-hot intensity of a thousand Suns!