Skip to content
Jason609's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, September 24th, 2020 12:00 PM

rDNS Record

I need someone to help me with a rDNS record for one of my static IPs. Not sure who I should send the request to. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, how are you? I hope my reply finds you at a good time and your Thursday is going well. The weekend is almost here, which is great! I can get your Reverse DNS taken care of. I will need your account information so a private message will help me get this done. If you can send over your name, full-service address, and your account number (or phone number) to locate the account this would be perfect! If you can also provide the IP address and domain you need it pointed at this will save us some time 🙂 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Is there someone that can help me with this request? I have not received a response from my private message. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

4 years ago

Hi! Thank you for your patience. I am not seeing the private message on my end. Would you mind clicking on my handle (Comcast_Gabe) and sending me your first/last name, address, and account number or a phone number linked to the account for security purposes? This can easily be accessed by logging into our business website through this link https://comca.st/2Suk942. You will find your account number listed on the my account tab once you get logged in.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I sent a second private message with my information, can you confirm that you received it and give me an update? Thanks

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Sent you a private message.

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

4 years ago

Hey Jason! I wanted to check in and make sure that you received the email confirmation about the reverse DNS being completed. Please let us know if you have any questions, I hope you're having a nice day in the meantime!

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Reverse DNS query or reverse DNS resolution is the determination of the domain name associated with the IP address by using DNS in computer networks and the Internet. You can test active addresses from what is dns records ? app.

The process of determining the IP address associated with the domain name using DNS in computer networks is known as forward DNS resolution. The reverse DNS query is the resolution of the domain name specified over the IP address.

The reverse DNS database is the rooted Address and Routing Parameter Field (barley) of the internet. IPv4 uses the in-addr.arpa domain. IPv6 uses the ip6.arpa domain. It uses an IP address DNS record type pointer (PTR record) in reverse resolution.