Skip to content
RPSInfo's profile

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, May 25th, 2016 7:00 AM

Domain email being blocked by Comcast

Comcast hosts our domain email '@ourcompany.com' ... ever since Monday many of our users have had the fun experience of having Comcast filter any email sent from a '@ourcompany.com' address to a '@ourcompany.com' address into the businessclass "junk mail" folder.  The email never makes it to outlook, yesterday I manually logged into a dozen of our accounts and found these emails in the junk folder, I manually set the 'block/allow' setting to not block any junk mail.  Just kind of wondering WTF is going on here.  Now this morning several of my users aren't receiving any email at all from our own domain.  I've already opened a ticket and it's been sent to tier 2, but frankly about half the time that feels like a lie to get me off the phone and I never receive a call back at all.  Just hoping somebody has some suggestion so we can continue doing business, this email thing is a little important and this issue is definitely causing problems.  Thanks Comcast!

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

Hello RPSInfo and welcome to forums,

Are you still experiencing issues with your emails routing properly?

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Yes we are.  I've been away on vacation but apparently on 6/1 Comcast marked the case as resolved.  But we are still experiencing this issue which is causing our organizaiton tremendous pain.  At this point I see no other option but to find an alternate provider for phone & interenet and move our email to a hosted exchange server.  Apparently the fact that we spend nearly $1,000 per month with Comcast isn't enough to warrant GOOD customer service of any variety.  The day that I can finally cancel this cursed account will be one of the better days of my life.

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Here's an example of my frustration.  I currently check 3 different domain emails from my desktop via outlook.  I've set up all 3 with different settings, 1 is IMAP, 1 is set to pop/smtp."ourdomain".com, and 1 is set as pop/smtp.hmc1.comcast.net (which is the server that I've been using ever since we first signed up with Comcast 4 years ago).  A moment ago I sent an email from each of those 3 accounts ... all in theory using different servers ... to one of my users and cc'd my personal gmail account.  The entire time I've been logged onto that users' email on the businessclass website.  All 3 emails made it to my personal gmail account ... none of those 3 arrived in my users' inbox or his junkmail.  So .... I'm going to assume that Comcast will point the finger somewhere else as they seem to typically do ... the fact that we cannot receive email from our own domain can't be a Comcast issue right???