Skip to content
user_89JM28's profile

New Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Friday, February 16th, 2024 4:02 PM

Connection flapping

My company has a Comcast internet line at 99 High Street in Boston. We've been getting repeated spates of error messages from our firewall for the past two hours, indicating that its attempts to contact 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 via the Comcast line are failing- and then succeeding a few seconds later. We've also had multiple users report that their remote connections to their office computers have been freezing up during this time, and most of those remote connections come in via the Comcast line rather than our other ISP. What is going on with our line?

Official Employee

• 

13 Messages

7 months ago

Hello @JMcGeary, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

New Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@Comcast_Krista​ Typing 'xfinitysupport' or 'xfinity support' or 'xfinity' in the To box gets me 'no such user found'. Typing 'support' gives me a list of multiple user names with Support in them. 

New Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@Comcast_Krista 

@Comcast_Krista This is what happens when I attempt to use the Xfinity Support name. Should I be using something else?

Official Employee

• 

11 Messages

JMcGeary  My apologies. It would be "Comcast Business" in the "To:" line for our business forums, and "Xfinity Support" would be for our residential side of things. Could you try searching again and let me know if you run into any issues.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

7 months ago

This kind of sounds like the stink of SecurityEdge to me, which likes to hijack DNS queries to servers other than Comcast's so they can filter it.

If you're not specifically using it (I haven't ever found anyone who wants it or has it enabled on purpose) login to your account (business.comcast.com), scroll down to 'Subscribed Services' and click the blue 'Manage Internet' button. Then down under 'Services and Equipment', click the grey header of the block that says "SecurityEdge Cybersecurity" (do NOT click the blue "Visit SecurityEdge" link with the arrow at the bottom of the block -- that takes you to the config for SecurityEdge which is useless.) A sidebar will fly out on the right, where you can then toggle SecurityEdge off if it's on.