Skip to content
CC_Jessie's profile

Retired Employee

• 

178 Messages

Tuesday, January 9th, 2018 3:00 PM

Comcast Business Connection Pro

Today, Comcast Business announced the launch of Conncetion Pro, the first automatic 4G wireless backup internet connection offered by a broadband provider. 

Comcast Business Connection Pro is a Business Internet add-on that provides small businesses nationwide an automatic 4G LTE cellular back-up that helps keep essential business functions going during outages caused by power failure or network disruption.

In the event of an internet or network disruption, Connection Pro automatically connects to the stronger of two redundant wireless networks, allowing small businesses to power their essential business functions – such as point of sale systems, back office connections, email and cloud-based applications – for up to 8 hours.

Comcast Business Connection Pro offers automatic back-up at an affordable price. Connection Pro is available to Business Internet customers for an additional $29.95 per month with a term agreement. Comcast Business Connection Pro includes:

• Automatic 4G LTE back-up across the stronger of two redundant wireless networks
  • A backup battery that provides up to eight hours of power
  • An intuitive online portal that allows customers to monitor their service status

For more information on the full Comcast Business Intenet portfolio, visit https://business.comcast.com/internet

Retired Employee

• 

178 Messages

7 years ago

Removed for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I would love to learn more about this, but I am a member of a volunteer fire company, and since Comcast requires us to have business internet, there is no possible way I've found to email questions to Comcast Business.  

Is there a data cap on the 4g?

Is there an extra fee on top of the 29.99 for the modem? Is it possible to buy your own modem?

Is it possible to block certain websites like Netflix while running on 4G to ensure the bandwidth is fairly distributed?  We normally allow our members to watch Netflix since it encourages volunteers to be at the station, but when on 4G, we'd want to make sure resources were allocated fairly. 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi gprimr1 and welcome to the business forums.

Thanks for your questions on Connection Pro. I would be glad to answer them!

• There is no current data limit with our Connection Pro services, however, this can only be used for a fail-over connection.
  • There is the monthly fee of $29.99 for the Connection Pro services and an additional $10.00 equipment fee. The activation fee is a one-time charge of $99.95.
  • Comcast Business leased equipment is required
  • There would be no filtering for this device. If you would like this done, you would need to do so with your own internal firewall. 
  • Does not work with Static IP provisioned applications.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We just recently had this setup and were told this would work with our current 150mb business connection.

Reading through the requirements it states that static IP's are not supported?

We recently had and outage and it didn't kick in.  Is there a way to make this work with static IP's?  Our firewall has the option to add a backup interface so we could have redundancy that way (plugged into firewall) vs. plugged in directly to the business router which didn't seem to work.

Thank you.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi MIREALTORS720 and welcome to the business forums.

Thanks for your question in regard to the Connect Pro services. This would not work for static IP services and would only be used as a fail-over connection. 

Please let me know if you need anything.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello, it is Saturday August 21, 2021. We lost power and I need assistance with our connection pro. The main business customer service department is not aware of how to help me and the specific department is closed. Is there an alternative phone number?

Official Employee

• 

79 Messages

Hi there! We would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page! Search for Xfinity Support, if needed. Talk to you there!