Skip to content
tcv21's profile

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 27th, 2015 10:00 AM

Closed

Cannot connect to Xfinity Wifi with business class username/password

Im not sure if this has been talked about before. Regardless of what I try, I cannot connect to any XFinity WiFi hotspots using my business class login information. Anyone else have this problem?

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks! Unfortunately the business class user ID/password does not work.. regardless of what I try.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I have never been able to connect to Xfinity hotspots with my biz login information.  It always says that my account is not allowed to connect....yet there is a full KB article on it..

http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-access-public-xfinity-wifi-hotspot/

So WTF?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello tvc21 and welcome, There are 3 means by which you can log into the xfinitywifi SSID as follows: 1. click on the business customer user link then type in your business class email address and password 2. click on the non-business customer user, which means residential and use your residential email address and password 3. non-Comcast user mean you can use any email address and password but this limits your access to 2 60 minutes sessions in a 30 day time frame. You can purchase additional access time in here if you should so desire. Hope this helps you out.

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

9 years ago

HI tvc21. The user credentials associated with your business account have been updated to allow all account access.  Please try your access again and let me know able to access Xfinity WiFi.

Thank You

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

Good to hear you can update this from your end, John. Ive seen this issue on several different accounts I manage.

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks so much. The next time I am around a known Xfinity Wifi access point, I will give it a try. I also appreciate your willingness to look at the problem and take the intitiative on your own to provide a solution. Thanks again!

New problem solver

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

****Update**** Well, it didnt work. I tried to connect to a Xfinity Wifi AP today and it still kicked my credentials back. Same credentials that I log into the website to pay my bill.  Man Frustrated

New problem solver

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I tried the same thing today for the first time and my business class login and password were not accepted.  It said they did not "match."  I signed into my business class account online just fine.  What is the problem?  

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, mrscoverson. I would be happy to assist with accessing the Xfinity Hotspot. Do you mind sending me a private message with your first and last name, and the phone number associated with the account?

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm having this same issue

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am currently having a simular issue with this.

When I attempt to log in with my comcast business credentials it directs me to the purchase a pass options,  I am using the same email and password as I use to login to my comcast business account.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue. As a Comcast Business customer I can't use the consumer login. Nor can I download and install a wifi profile so I don't need to login each and every time. 

This comment has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

@e6b218 I'm truly sorry to hear that you are having difficulty using our Xfinity hotspots. You have replied to a thread from 7 years ago, we always ask that you create a new post so that your concerns don't get missed. Have you tried to follow the directions in this link to connect to the public hotspots:https://business.comcast.com/support/article/internet/comcast-business-access-public-xfinity-wifi-hotspot/ If so and you are still running into issues please send us a DM with your full name, address and phone number associated with the account to Comcast Business.

To send a direct message:

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type ‘Comcast Business’.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.
To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the business name on the account, the phone number for the account, and the service address alongside your inquiry so we can best assist.