Skip to content
jfurnas's profile

New Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Friday, October 26th, 2018 8:00 AM

Using xfinitywifi with business account

So I am a Comcast business customer, obviously. I know that I am able to connect to the many thousands of 'xfinitywifi' hotspots that show up on my mobile phone, as well as my laptop when I am not at the office. (Although sometimes I get errors trying to authorize). My question is:

Are there restrictions or limitations on doing this? I have an employee who works remotely. They don't have internet access themselves, but do have an xfinitywifi hotspot within range of their computer. If they log into that network using our business credentials, will they receive the same speeds that our internet package offers, or will they be limited on the speeds they receive (We have 75mbit speed, so will they receive 75mbit speeds)? Also, is it acceptable in Comcast's perspective to allow this, so that my employee can perform their operations during the course of a business day for our company? 

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for visiting our Comcast Business Support Forums, workaholicstudios.

Please visit https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/about-xfinity-wifi-internet for more information about our Xfinity Hotspots. If you still have questions, let me know!

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

I understand. The Xfinity Hotspot is provided by Comcast and is not considered part of your services. In this case, your employee would be utilizing the signal that is complimentary of Comcast. The speeds are not based on your package. Standard speeds are 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload. For users who don't subscribe to Xfinity Mobile or to an eligible Xfinity or Comcast Business Internet package, hourly, daily, weekly and monthly Xfinity WiFi On Demand Passes are available for purchase.

New Contributor

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Okay, in the terms of service it says, under Network restrictions:

• make the Service available to any third party unless done with Comcast’s written approval in accordance with an applicable Business Services Agreement. It is not a violation of this Policy for a Customer to make the Service available to its authorized employees, contractors, or users (i.e., the public, customers of an establishment, hotel or motel guests and patrons, or persons in a residence hall or apartment building) as provided for in a Business Services Agreement;

• resell the Service or otherwise make available to anyone outside the Service Location(s)  the ability to use the Service, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, unless expressly permitted by the applicable Business Services Agreement;

but it doesn't make clear what is considered 'Service Locations'. This could imply that only the office where the comcast equipment is located, but somebody who is working remotely for me could also make the case that they are part of the service location. Confusing.