Skip to content
T

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, July 26th, 2024 1:49 AM

Upgrade Speed Online Without Sales Agent or New Contract

I would like to simply upgrade my current business plan to a higher tier without signing a new contract or dealing with a sales agent trying to upsell me to new services I do not need. I have been a faithful customer for years, yet all online paths lead to the same screen, requesting a callback from a sales agent. I went this route and was extremely dissatisfied with the interaction and never even received a contract to review. How can I upgrade my bandwidth to a higher tier and get a no-nonsense quote for doing so, preferably as a self-service thing online?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

1 month ago

thetheosopher - Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our Business Forums. Your feedback is appreciated. Internet-only customers can now upgrade their internet speed online.

To upgrade any other services, downgrade, or change your package, please call us at (800) 391-3000. Cancel or make changes to your Comcast Business service.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_ThomasD​ Thank you.  When I click on the link to do that, I get a big exclamation point and an error message that says:

Sorry! Something went wrong.

We’re sorry, something went wrong. Please retry.

I have tried both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.  I will try again tomorrow with the hope this is a temporary condition.

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

@thetheosopher, I'd also recommend clearing cache and cookies to see if that helps. 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_ThomasD​ I'm afraid this guidance is incorrect.  After getting through the above issues and trying to click on any links to upgrade my speed, I am consistently taken to this page, which requires a callback from a sales agent. 

https://business.comcast.com/forms/servicequote?intcmp=myaccount:internetlanding:upgradespeed

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

thetheosopher Thank you for giving that a try and we do appreciate taking time to explore other options to update your plan. You may have a speed we do not offer anymore or your account requires special attention, in this case we would ask that you please give us a call or request a call back for your account. 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Thank you.  I wound up calling business support and was passed to loyalty, who was able to help me out.  Part of the issue may have been that I'm using my own modem.  I was able to upgrade my speed with my current equipment and no new contract. Exactly what I looking to do.

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

1 month ago

I'd like to retract the accepted solution.  I was left with the impression that the loyalty department had submitted a ticked to upgrade my speed after speaking with them last Friday. But after four days of waiting and the ticket not being serviced, I called back into support this morning and learned my account is "locked" to a sales agent, which apparently blocked that ticket.  I am speechless that I simply cannot find a path to happiness for "simply" upgrading my speed from the 40 mbps starter plan to a 150mbps level without signing a new contract, leasing new equipment (currently own my own good to 400 mbps) and paying an installation fee for the new equipment I neither need or want.  I really want to stick with Comcast as the reliability has been great. But this whole experience has me now looking for other options and has lowered my opinion of Comcast severely.

Official Employee

• 

48 Messages

Your best option is to reach out to the business team via the number we provided above they'll be able to take care of you