Skip to content
U

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 7:05 PM

Trying to set up Mesh or Access Point

Hello. I have been trying to set up a Deco mesh system with our business modem/router. I was unsuccessful at first. I then tried putting the modem into bridge mode, but I was still unsuccessful. It is my understanding as well that in bridge mode only one device can be connected, which is not good for us. The Decos can be used in Router or Access Point Mode, but I have not been able to get one set up and connected to even get that far. It always gets to the end and says it cannot apply my network settings. I'm not sure what the option is here. 

Official Employee

• 

11 Messages

3 months ago

Good afternoon @user_4c22cf While we do not support third-party products, you will want to make sure that your modem is in bridge mode if you wish to use your own router. Enabling bridge mode turns off its routing capabilities while leaving the modem capabilities on. 

• 

4 Messages

Where is a list of access points that work with Comcast Business? 

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Joe​ Also, do Boost pods work with business internet yet?

Official Employee

• 

33 Messages

user_4c22cf Thank you so much for those great questions and we are happy to verify all of that for you. Can you please send us a message so we can get right to this?  To send a "Direct Message" / "Private chat message" message to "Comcast Business": 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
 • or https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
 • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
 • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
 • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it"