Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 17th, 2022 3:56 AM

Converting Business to Residential

I want to convert my Comcast Business internet service at my home back over to residential service.  I would prefer to coordinate this process so that the connection remains live at all times.  How do I make that happen?

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

2 years ago

@user_433f20 Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on Comcast Business Forums! You would first want to contact our business loyalty team at 1(800)391-3000 to set up the disconnection and make sure you don't have a commitment, once the process to disconnect is started and there is a pending disconnection on our account, you would then be able to contact our residential team to start a new account on that end. Please let me know if I can help answer any more questions! 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I called that number.  A computer answered and would not connect me to a human.  It tried to troubleshoot a problem with my service, which I am not having any trouble with.  I just need to transfer my service from business to residential.

Update: I called again and just said "cancel my service" over and over again until a human picked up.  They seem to be helping me now.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

We definitely know how frustrating the IVR system can be. We are happy to hear you were able to get in touch with someone. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our team at any time. The amazing part of our Digital Care Team is that we're available 24/7.

• 

5 Messages

I am running into the same issue - that phone number leads me to an agent telling me I have to cancel the business which "can take some time" and then setup residential which can "take some time" - they are two different departments.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Hi, @user_7ccf82

Please create your own post and we will help you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

• 

5 Messages

@Comcast_Otari​ I have created my own post and I haven't received any help.