Skip to content
F

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 24th, 2021 7:55 PM

Comcast router (CGA4131 Business Gateway) assigning out-of-range IP4 addresses?

Why would a Comcast router (CGA4131 Business Gateway) that normally assigns a 10.1.10.x IPv4 address to PCs and devices suddenly start assigning 172.72.35.x IPv4 addresses? Yep - 172. This was unexpected and caused havoc with devices communicating with one another. Some were just randomly switched to the 172 addresses while others remained with their original 10s. The SSIDs changed to their SSID 2 counterparts. Wifi and wired devices both affected, though it was the wifi devices that seemed to take the brunt of it. Restarting/resetting router, resetting wifi profiles, DNS flush, ipconfig release/renews, network resets did nothing to solve this problem. While assigning fixed IP addresses with the 10.1.10.x range works, it still doesn't help explain the change. 

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Finnegan0805, we are happy to look into this for you from our end of things. Can you tell me if you're connected via VPN when this change occurs? 

• 

3 Messages

@Comcast_Amir 

No VPN on any device at this location.

Official Employee

• 

78 Messages

We would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page! Search for Xfinity Support, if needed. Talk to you there! 

EDIT:

To send a direct message:

Please only send a direct message when requested by an official employee--sending a chat when not requested may result in the chat being lost given the high volume of chat requests received daily.

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/direct-messaging
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type ‘Comcast Business’.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

We ask that you please include your name, the business name on the account, the phone number for the account, and the service address alongside your inquiry so we can best assist. 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

"Xfinity Support" doesn't appear in chat conversation search. Is there another option?

Administrator

• 

28 Messages

Apologies--that is for our Residential Services Forum. Here is the correct information below, I'll also edit my colleagues message and let her know. =] 

Please only send a direct message when requested by an official employee--sending a chat when not requested may result in the chat being lost given the high volume of chat requests received daily.

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: https://comca.st/3gANsNA
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type ‘Comcast Business’.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

We ask that you please include your name, the business name on the account, the phone number for the account, and the service address alongside your inquiry so we can best assist. 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having this same issue. I tried calling the 1-800 but the helpdesk representative refused to help troubleshoot anything with me.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

@user_36c523 Please send a direct message so we can take a closer look at the account. 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: https://comca.st/3gANsNA

I no longer work at Comcast.