Skip to content
dagreen4229's profile

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

Mon, May 18, 2020 1:00 PM

Also - Mystery BROADCOM_GUEST wifi hotspots...

I've had an escalated ticket put in for two weeks, with no answer from Comcast at all on what is going on. I have 6 mystery broadcom guest wifi hotspots, plus a "hidden network" hotspot coming from my comcast business modem. There was another post about this, with 2 people having the same issue, and it is now locked... with no solution posted. 

This poses a huge security risk for my company... we are a software development company working directly with the medical industry, can you imagine what HIPPA has to say about a huge security flaw allowing my neighbords direct access to my modem from a guest hotspot that nobody in Comcast seems to have any idea about?

Help?

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Hey, thanks for reaching out, we got it solved. I had to do a factory reset on my modem.

--Dave

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

2 y ago

Hello, I hope outside of this service and security concern, your day is going well. I am sorry to hear you have not heard back about your ticket. Do you still have your ticket number? It sounds like we may have a service issue to focus on and a security issue. Are you able to send a private message with your account information so I can make sure we work on these issues accurately? If you can include your first and last name, your service address, and your account number (or phone number) this would be great and will help me get started. 

Official Employee

• 

348 Messages

2 y ago

Yay! We are so glad to see that you were able to find a resolution and if you do need anything else, please let us know as we are always here 24/7. 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 m ago

So is the factory reset the only solution?

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

I'm having the same problem, no one will call me back.  they claim they have never had this complaint, I asked them to simply do a quick search and they tell me they can't even do that.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

i have the same problem after lose power 

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

Hello @tinyee, thank you for reaching out to us on our Business Forums. Please send us a private message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. Our team can most definitely take a further look.

By clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 d ago

I need the Broadcom_guest SSIDs turned off. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Turning off Broadcom_guest ssids

Official Employee

• 

28 Messages

@user_1cb07f

I've merged your post into an existing thread on the topic.

In regards to this issue, we can either submit a repair and callback request through business services or the most commonly accepted solution is a factory reset of the device.