Skip to content
dagreen4229's profile

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 18th, 2020 1:00 PM

Also - Mystery BROADCOM_GUEST wifi hotspots...

I've had an escalated ticket put in for two weeks, with no answer from Comcast at all on what is going on. I have 6 mystery broadcom guest wifi hotspots, plus a "hidden network" hotspot coming from my comcast business modem. There was another post about this, with 2 people having the same issue, and it is now locked... with no solution posted. 

This poses a huge security risk for my company... we are a software development company working directly with the medical industry, can you imagine what HIPPA has to say about a huge security flaw allowing my neighbords direct access to my modem from a guest hotspot that nobody in Comcast seems to have any idea about?

Help?

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hey, thanks for reaching out, we got it solved. I had to do a factory reset on my modem.

--Dave

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, I hope outside of this service and security concern, your day is going well. I am sorry to hear you have not heard back about your ticket. Do you still have your ticket number? It sounds like we may have a service issue to focus on and a security issue. Are you able to send a private message with your account information so I can make sure we work on these issues accurately? If you can include your first and last name, your service address, and your account number (or phone number) this would be great and will help me get started. 

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

Yay! We are so glad to see that you were able to find a resolution and if you do need anything else, please let us know as we are always here 24/7. 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So is the factory reset the only solution?

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same problem, no one will call me back.  they claim they have never had this complaint, I asked them to simply do a quick search and they tell me they can't even do that.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i have the same problem after lose power 

Official Employee

• 

22 Messages

Hello @tinyee, thank you for reaching out to us on our Business Forums. Please send us a private message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. Our team can most definitely take a further look.

By clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I need the Broadcom_guest SSIDs turned off. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Turning off Broadcom_guest ssids

Administrator

• 

28 Messages

@user_1cb07f

I've merged your post into an existing thread on the topic.

In regards to this issue, we can either submit a repair and callback request through business services or the most commonly accepted solution is a factory reset of the device.

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

i am having the same problem.  how can i get this addressed?

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

Thanks for posting, MetsFaninCA. You're in the right place for help, we can work with you directly on this. Before we request a private message, had you tried any of the suggested steps above - such as a factory reset?

I no longer work for Comcast

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

@Comcast_Morgan
no because i just started diving into this. i have like 6 rogue "broadcom_guest" networks and if i do a factory reset won't things need to be configured again. I was not involved when this was all set up the first time.

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

No worries, I completely understand. I wanted to share these links with you: Configure Private WiFi for the Business Wireless Gateway and Business Wireless Gateway Overview. Is logging in and attempting some of these steps a task that you feel comfortable with? 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast

New Contributor

• 

7 Messages

@Comcast_Morgan
the links don't point me anywhere.

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

Apologies the links weren't live! I've corrected them, thank you for letting us know :) 

Please let us know if the information @Comcast_Morgan provided helps! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem.  I also have a static IP so doing a factory reset is not an option. How can I get this addressed?