Skip to content
entensiv's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 11th, 2016 5:00 PM

Ability to turn off Xfinity Hotspot Disappeared

After power cycling my Comcast leased router, the Xfinity hotspot turned on. I went back to the website but the option to turn it off is not showing any more.. see screen shot.. how do i turn it off?

Capture.PNG

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

i apologize for the delayed response. I have disabled the Xfinity WiFi signal from your modem. This should take effect immediately. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Accepted Solution

Problem solver

• 

326 Messages

8 years ago

The option never showed in Comcast Business.  It only shows when you have xfinity (the residential service) and you login to the xfinity portal.

And if they turn off wifi with tech support it will always turn back on whenever the modem is firmware updated or reset.

if you are renting your modem have them replace it with a Netgear which has no wifi.   Or if you are not running a static IP number then buy your own modem and don't use a comcast-supplied one.

New problem solver

• 

20 Messages

8 years ago

But.. why can't we see the option to enable/disable it ourselves per the kbase article? 

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I asked a customer service rep at Comcast to turn off my Xfinity Wifi a few days ago.  He did so.  Now it is back on.  Can you turn it back off, please?  And please keep it off?

Also, it would be nice to be able to disable it myself without having to ask you guys to do it.

Thank you.