Skip to content
racer_rr's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 4th, 2018 12:00 PM

Closed

Voice Edge Select, crappy quality of outgoing greeting message

I've recorded very clear sounding greetings for the auto attendant and phone extensions from an iphone and PC as MP4 then converted, or recorded direclty in the Voice Edge Select as WAV files. When played back on my devices the quality is excellent, clear, with no back ground noice.

However when I upload the wav files into the Voice Edge Select and call into the auto attendant they are  poor 1970's anwering machine quality which our customers can't understand.

Please advise. Thanks

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi racer_rr and welcome to the business forums.

I can certainly assist with the quality of your recording. Do you by chance know the size of the WAV file you're uploading? This should be a mono recording, not stereo. It also should be 8-bit only.

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My business’s outgoing voice message is full of static — very poor quality. I’ve recorded one on my iPhone and uploaded as an mp3 and also tried recording directly on the Comcast Business website using the mic on my MacBook. When played back on these devices. The recordings sound perfect, but when I call my business phone, the recording is noisy — poor quality and the message is hard to understand. Please advise. Thanks.

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

5 years ago

Good afternoon, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us through the Forums! I would be more than happy to help with your voice edge select concerns. Can you please send us a private message with your full-service address, your name, and the phone number to the account? 

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello,  did Comcast ever fixed the crappy sounding outgoing message?  Our outgoing message still sounds horrible.  We were told Comcast was working on it.  What is the update?  Thanks

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums. I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your outgoing message quality. I would love to look further into this. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We’re also having the same issue. I work in the audio industry recorded a clean greeting. I converted the wav file to multiple formats and they all sound awful with tons of distortion after uploading. Very unprofessional. The 8khz spec is unacceptable but the distortion is what’s really bad. I called tech support and got no where.

Problem solver

• 

144 Messages

4 years ago

Hi there. This is a great coincidence as I also work on audio as well. I know setting up out going greeting messages can be stressful when the audio doesn't seem to fall in place. I have had this same issue and was able to find a quick work around. Have you tried exporting the audio at -3 decibals? Usually the conversion of audio increases the gain during conversion. -Rob K. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Agree that down sampling to 8 bit and reducing gain (sometimes running noice reduction filter) seems to do the trick

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for reaching back out to us.I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I would love to help with the quality of the greeting message for you. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the tip.  I am going to give that a try because I have the same issue.

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

We are sorry for the delay and can you please let us know if that resolved your issue? Thank you for your time. 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Comcast_Phil, 

We are experiencing similar issues as our original recording was not recorded in mono and the quality sounds fine on our end, but really bad once uploaded to Comcast. Is there a way to edit the original recording to make it mono so we don't have to re-record? If we do have to re-record what is the best recording system/app to use to ensure that it's mono and 8-bit only? 

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us through our business forums regarding your vociemail recording. I am so sorry for the delay in our response and truly appreciate your patience with us. I would love to assist with the voicemail issues that you are having as I would find it pretty frustrating to call into a business and no be able to understand the voicemail greeting so I can only imagine how this is impacting your business and incoming calls. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This service is terrible! Why is the sound as if it was recorded on a world war two battlefield! I wish Comcast would stop blaming the customers for their horrible software  

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

1st... I use Spectrum VoIP at my work without these distortion complications.  Yes, I must reduce hold music volume but this nonsense with distorted greetings don't exist.

2nd... Another office location uses Comcast so I'm having to work with that too and OMG this is weak.   On this topic of greeting distortion, it's absolutely terrible and reading here I see it's been an issue for a VERY long time.   I've already switched to mono and dropped to 8 bit, it's still the same mess.  Any slight "s" sound completely takes over, very distorted.   I can drop the volume down to where no one can hear it, but then again no one can hear me at all.    This is absurd.

3rd...  Do NOT tell me to send you a private message. Fix the problem as a whole and respond to all here not with instructions of how we should all turn into sound engineers to try and make up for this terrible system, but to confirm the problem has been fixed and users may now have professional greetings i/o some low budget mediocre sound.  

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

Thank you for your post and feedback. I know others on the thread are reporting similar issues, and we will do everything we can to help. Sending a private message helps us work with everyone individually; however, I get you want to skip this for now. Keep in mind we are here 24/7, so you can always reach out privately when you are ready. We will take reports from everyone and doing everything we can to help. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We are having the same problem. We have tried all the solutions listed here (reducing decibals, reducing noise, etc) and the sound quality is still fuzzy and unclear. Is there no solution from Comcast Business?

Administrator

• 

28 Messages

Hi @extologysalon, we haven't heard back from the original poster or others who have commented, however we'd be happy to help out. We can reach out to our troubleshooting teams, or create a repair ticket, for this concern and have a technical expert help out.

This thread will now be closed due to old age. For all additional questions or concerns, please create a new thread in the appropriate category detailing specific issues and troubleshooting steps taken.

(edited)