Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 15th, 2021 4:04 PM

Mobile phone number already in use

We recently moved one of our employees from one assigned number in our office to another. When he tried to change the settings in his mobile app, the system is telling him that his mobile number is already in use. I have removed his mobile number from the prior assigned number but we cannot seem to clear the systme. Please advise.

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

Hello user_e880f2. Thank you for exploring our Forums and for creating a post. I can assist with troubleshooting the error you are receiving, and the account change request. To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name, business name, complete service address, and account number or phone number to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. Let me know if you have any questions.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having the same problem now, any solution? 

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

@user_da2aad Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Business Forum. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

Im having the same issue. I wish you would just put it in the chat how to resolve this issue! 

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

@user_5d06d5 Thank you so much for letting us know you are running into issues changing the assigned user for a number using the Xfinity business forums. If you have already followed the steps here make sure you are using the Unassign steps first and are running into the error 

Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name, the name of your business, and your address? Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message