Skip to content
U

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021 3:05 PM

Contacts from VoiceEdge not showing on Polycom phone

I've looked all over the forums for a resolution and haven't found one - VoiceEdge app on the computer shows a full contact directory.  The Polycom phone is empty with the only option to add a contact in the directory.

Is this set up done through the phone or through the VoiceEdge software?  Is there a check box or option in VoiceEdge to display the contacts in the directory area on the phone?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_7a8364 that is a great question! Your contacts would need to be added through the Polycom phone if you would like to access them there instead of the VoiceEdge app. 

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

@Comcast_Alisha Does the phone not have the ability to pull the contact directory from the VoiceEdge application?  There are way too many in the company directory to add through the phone.

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

We don't have a way for them to be added/transferred automatically to your physical phone's directory. Hopefully this is something that will come about at some point in the future. For now, we recommend using the Comcast Business mobile app, and your saved contacts should display there.

Comcast Business App

Take your Business VoiceEdge features wherever the day takes you. It’s easy with the Comcast Business App. You can make and receive calls from your business number on your mobile phone. Transfer calls from a desk phone to mobile phone — and more. Even better: It’s available to support all your Comcast Business services and account needs.

VoiceEdge Desktop App

Be fast. Be flexible. Be empowered every day with our app that now integrates Unified Communications features. You get readable voicemail, audio-conference hosting, screen sharing, and more — all in one place on your desktop. Plus, offers click-to-call convenience from a browser.

Customers can download the app in our Cloud Solutions Marketplace.

LAUNCH DEMO - https://comca.st/3BxBQTm;

I no longer work for Comcast

New problem solver

• 

9 Messages

The threads on this topic go back 5+ years - is there an expected completion date?  We want the contacts on the physical Polycom phones and not in apps on computers or phones.

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

I totally understand where you're coming from on that. We will certainly pass your feedback along, but at this time, we don't have any set date in place for this feature to become available. 

I no longer work for Comcast

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Wait, just so I understand, there is no way to import contacts into Polycom phones from Comcast/Xfinity voice edge?

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

user_08e9ea, Actually, we do have a way to create / import contact into your Business Voice Edge directory service online. Here's the step by step instructions: https://comca.st/3q0LWtG

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_JoeB these instructions are different than what I've seen previously. Are the name & number supposed to be in the same column of the .CSV file separated by "quotation marks", or should they be in separate columns?

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

user_08e9ea, You should use separate columns for the name and number (Name | Number) in the actual .CSV file. 

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_JoeB unfortunately, this is also not working. Is there a phone number I can call to walk me through this process?

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Is there any update on this? I called and support said contacts "should appear on the Polycom phone." However they still don't. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that uploading the contacts via the online app don't appear on the Polycom. I get they appear on the mobile app, but that doesn't make any sense if you are in the office.

I would appreciate any updates.

Thank you.