Skip to content
hamiltonw8's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 7th, 2017 8:00 AM

Changing Direct Lines

We recently had Comcast Business VoiceEdge installed at our new office.  We were issued a main number and 4 direct numbers for the 4 phones in our office.  

(XXX) XXX-2804 Conf Room

(XXX) XXX-2805 Open Office

(XXX) XXX-2806 Employee 1

(XXX) XXX-2807 Employee 2

2 of the numbers are assigned to employees and the other 2 are assigned to an open office and conference room.

The problem is that comcast did not assign the numbers to the employees as discussed so I am wondering if I can assign Employees 1 & 2 to the numbers that the Conf Room and Open Office currently hold?  Is it a matter of physically moving the phones or is this handled through the portal?

Thanks,

Wayne

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi bmendoza and welcome to the support forums.

I would like to help with your phone inquiry. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business.

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to forums,

Have you been able to visit the site https://business.comcast.com/getstarted to review the wealth of training resources available to you? Please visit this page to learn more about your feature access and please let me know if you do not find what you are looking for.

Thank You

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We also have 4 direct numbers with 4 phones in our office:

Direct Phone               Person                 Ext

(XXX) XXX-1325       Recepcionist     201

(XXX) XXX- 6424      Employee 1       202 

(XXX) XXX- 6426      Employee 2       203

(XXX) XXX- 4950     Employee 3        204

We want Recepcionist to receive incoming call from direct phone numbers: 1325, 6426 and 4950

The bveportal don't allow me to assign alternate numbers to Ext. 201.

What can we do?

Thanks,

Bernui