Skip to content
leponder's profile

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, August 7th, 2020 6:00 AM

Can't Update Caller ID Name

I keep trying to change the name on one of our extensions since it's an employee that no longer works with us but I keep getting an error when I try to save it: 

An error occurred

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. If you continue to experience this error, please wait 24 hours and try again.

I changed the user name and saved just fine, I waited a day to try the caller ID name again but get the same error.

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

4 years ago

I appreciate you reaching out to us to let us know about this, we'd be glad to assist! Please click on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, as well as the extension and the name that you'd like it to be updated with. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Any updates on this.  I have exactly the same problem but only for two users.  They are both administrators.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your caller ID concerns. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue updating the extensions through our website. I would love to get to the bottom of the errors. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.

Please tell us how to fix this

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. If you continue to experience this error, please wait 24 hours and try again.

New problem solver

• 

71 Messages

@user_9b5096 Hello! Sorry to learn about the duplicate issue. Have you checked this yet?  https://comca.st/33iP2wE;

Does the error show even after these steps? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I don't understand why you always refer users to contact privately.  If you put some of the steps here, most of your users could attempt a self-solve and be self-sufficient in the future.  

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue for one user.  I cannot update the caller id. I get the same error message list by user leponder.

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

Hi, @JJPeterson and @user_9868e1! Thanks for reaching out to Comcast over our forums page. I am sorry to learn about the caller ID concern. We can help. In order to further assist, we will just need to pull up the account with your account information via private message for security purposes. Once we confirm we are working on the correct account, it is possible that we may need to open a request with our Advance Repair team. Here is also a link to more details on how to [change what phone number appears with the caller ID name](https://comca.st/3keqlv6). Please let me know if this helps.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having the same issue for one user. Doesn't look like it has been resolved. How do I get this fixed?

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

Hey @RyanAD I am sad to hear you are experiencing similar issues with your Xfinity voice services. I am here and would love to help get this resolved. please send over a direct message. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary 

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 

• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

I am also having this problem, how do I get it fixed?

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

Hi there, @user_453bea Thank you so much for your time and patience. I'm very sorry for the inconvience you are having with your caller ID. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please send me a DM with your full first and last name along with your full service address and business name so that I can assist you further.

Click "Sign In" if necessary 

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 

• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 

• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

9 months ago

It's now 2023, nearing 2024, the error I get now is:

An error occurred

UserID is mandatory.

Official Employee

• 

9 Messages

@leponder so sorry to hear that. Can you please send us a direct message with your full name and address? 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message