Skip to content
threebmarine's profile

New problem solver

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, July 8th, 2015 11:00 AM

Disabling call waiting

Hello,

Our business gets a lot of phone calls on a day-to-day basis, and the call waiting tone is very disruptive and sometimes causes us to not hear exactly what the customer is saying. We wish to disable the feature completely and have the customer receive a busy signal, as when it goes to voicemail it looks bad on us as a business, as they think we are either closed or just ignoring the phone lines.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello threebmarine and welcome,

Please use this link to download your telephone information that shows you all the controlling star codes including to disable your Call Waiting (CW).

I believe you will find that at the dial tone on the telephone(s) you want to turn off CW, pressing *70  should disable it for you. 

Hope this helps you out

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

We'd like to permanently deactivate call waiting on our business phone lines. The star codes only deactive per call and then it reactivates. Please advise.

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I would also like to permantely disable my call waiting for the same reason.  You didn't read the question very well.  HOW DO WE PERMANTELY DISABLE CALL WAITING?

Thank you!
Rudys

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

well...looks like a year later we still don't have an answer to this!!

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi richswit and welcome to the support forums

I can certainly assist with the call waiting feature. Please private message me your full address, the phone number associated with your account and your full name as well. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same problem. I want to disable permanently call waiting. I have been with your service for a couple of years and all of the sudden it came on. I have been to tier one and tier two support and was finally told rudely by Gilbert it was my phone which makes no sense because it has been the same Panasonic cordless phone. Modem has been replaced and reset. What now?

Richard Abel

Administrator

• 

261 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, I am so sorry to see that you are having a hard time disabling call waiting and had a poor experience over the phone. We are the right team to help get this taken care of. Can you please send us a private message with your name, the full address, and the phone/account number? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

How do I send a private message?

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your time and patience! I can certainly help with disabling call waiting. You have reached the Comcast Digital Care team which is the perfect place to assist! To send a private message, click on my handle (Comcast_Gabe) and send your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number.

Here are the steps for disabling call waiting.

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.

1. Press *70.

1. After the stutter tone, dial the party you wish to call.

1. Call Waiting is disabled for the current call only. It will automatically be restored for the next call.

1. Caller ID with Call Waiting

Here is a link to more details. Please let me know if this helps. https://comca.st/2PxloOk

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

[removed identifying information from public thread]

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much for that, but I had to remove it since this is still a public forum. Are you able to send a private message instead? No need to reiterate the information, I have it noted. To send a private message you can click on my username, Comcast_Gina, and it should give you a button that says "Send this user a private message". If it gives you an error about a limit, you can resolve that by clearing the cache and cookies on your browser 🙂 

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding the call waiting services. I would love to assist you in turning this feature off. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, full service address and account number or phone number? 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

in ur online account,in privacy there"s call waiting option.turn it off