Skip to content
indyroads's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, October 12th, 2014 1:00 PM

Joomla support

Does comcast have autoinstallers for popular content management systems like Joomla for instance. I need to install Joomla inorder to maintain a content player on our website. It there isnt an autoinstaller how do I load Joomla on my hosting account. 

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hey indyroads again,

There is no auto-installers for any specialized web development facilities. What you get is found  here Upgrade or change your web hosting package . 

Hope this helps ou out..

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Ok then, I will need to install Joomla myself...which means I will need to create a MySql database. for this I will need to know what the LOCALHOST is or how to find the LOCALHOST

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, you will have to install Joomia and create your MySQL database within the website location in order to use it by any MySQL database commands embedded in any website code.

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

You will need to complete two tasks before you can install Joomla! on your Comcat hosting account. First, you will need to download the Joomla package files. Next, you will need to have a database for Joomla use.
After downloading the current release of Joomla, move the downloaded Joomla installation package to the server. Use a FTP Client to transfer the Joomla files to your server. This can be accomplished by simply moving the downloaded package to your server, then unpacking it. Or you can unpack the files on your local computer, then move the Joomla installation over to your server. Either way, the Joomla installation needs to be unpacked in the root of your site. If you unpack the files on your own computer, then copy them to your server, be sure to move only the folders and files contained INSIDE the Joomla! package. If you unpack the folders and files into a folder, for example called, Joomla and then upload that folder, your site will have to be accessed at yoursitename.com/Joomla instead of yoursitename.com.

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

Hello janehostess,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for this contribution to community.

We appreciate it!