Skip to content
dunn's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 26th, 2014 11:00 AM

Does the "Business" web hosting package include a number of email boxes?

We are considering transfering all of our hosting to Comcast, but it appears that Comcast generally charges $6.99 for each additional email address over two, per month. If we purchase the $19.95/mo Business web hosting package, does this include additional email address utilizing our domain, or would we still have to purchase email hosting separately? Nearly all companies dedicated to web hosting explicitly notate how many email addresses are included in each hosting package, so it seems odd that Comcast does not include this information in their package advertisment. 

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello dunn and welcome,

I believe the rule of thumb is that is you are using Comcast Outlook for any email account, then the $6.99 cost would apply.

Hope this helps you out. 

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hmm... I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping to find that Comcast would be looking to offer packages competitive to the packages offered by the big hosting companies. It would be reasonable, to me, to have a higher monthly cost for hosting (which Comcast already is) for better connectivity and service, but all major hosting companies include a number of email addresses in their web hosting bundles as part of the monthly cost - they generally don't charge per month for each individual mailbox. We aren't concerned with the Outlook perks email, we just need @ourdomain pop accounts. Webmail would be nice, but we're really just looking for the basics.