Skip to content
JL's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 4:00 PM

Accessing MySQL

How can I access the MySQL cleint in order to install a MySQL DB manually for my website.  I want to run WordPress.  I have a Comcast business level web hosting account and MySQL is listed as an included Feature. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello JL and welcome,

Please review this link and notice that access to MySQL database is only available using the Business, Commerce, and Enterprise webhosting packages.

Hope this helps you out. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

@JL wrote:

How can I access the MySQL cleint in order to install a MySQL DB manually for my website.  I want to run WordPress.  I have a Comcast business level web hosting account and MySQL is listed as an included Feature. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Login to your Comcast business account. Drill down to Manage Website, then to Website under "Manage Services". Click on "Edit database", then "administer". This will bring up a kind of clunky substitute for the MySQL workbench. Select your database and go nuts.

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

@WalterOney wrote:

@JL wrote:

Login to your Comcast business account. Drill down to Manage Website, then to Website under "Manage Services". Click on "Edit database", then "administer". This will bring up a kind of clunky substitute for the MySQL workbench. Select your database and go nuts.

I have the same problem.

I don't have a "Edit database" option.  Am I missing something? I have the "Business" level hosting since I can access via FTP.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

@Cary wrote:

I don't have a "Edit database" option.  Am I missing something? I have the "Business" level hosting since I can access via FTP.

Are you able to reach the "Control Panel" screen? [Immediately after logging in your account, select "Manage Website".]

Once at the control panel, click on the "Website" choice under the heading "Manage Services" that appears on the control panel page. I find it easier to do that than to select the "Manage Services" tab on the control panel because it takes you right to the place you need to be.

Now click on the MySQL link under "Added Functionality". I see a table that lists my one and only database, and it has an "Edit Database" link in the "Status" column. As I recall, that table was there within a day after I upgraded my service level to "Business" and requested a database. Also as I recall, I had to specifically ask Comcast to create a database.