Skip to content
CaffeineAddict's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 22nd, 2016 8:00 PM

Dedicated Cablecard Support

I'm in the process of pairing my cablecard to my Tivo on my Comcast Business account. Currently I'm able to view most channels, but the Tivo cablecard screen keeps popping up. I called Tivo support regarding this issue and they stated that the cablecard is not correctly paired even though I'm able to view my channels. I am getting Val: ?. It should be a V if the cable card was correctly paired. Tivo recommended me to call Comcast and have them read off the Card S/N and the Host ID.

I called Comcast Business and they had no idea what I was talking about. The first guy just stated that my cable card was defective and I needed to get a new cablecard. I asked him to read off my Card S/N and Host ID. He said that my Host ID was blank. I asked him to see if he was able to edit or change that. I was placed on hold for 5 minutes and he transferred me to another rep.

I explained my situation to the second rep. She wanted to get a tech out here to troubleshoot for me. I explained to her that I just need to get my cablecard re-binded. She asked me what kind of cable box did I have. I informed her I have a Tivo box and her response was that they don't support third party cable boxes. I asked her about the Host ID number and she stated that it was blank, but she could not edit it.

Basically, I wasted 1 hour of my time talking to support who has no clue what I was talking about or cablecards. I have a Tivo box for home and the residential cablecard department usually takes care of my isssues in a matter of minutes. 

I was wondering if there is a special number to call or email for dedicated cablecard services for the Comcast business side. So far, calling Business support at (800) 391-3000 has been very unproductive.

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had to argue with them on the phone that the cable cards would work on their business class TV service. I had to point out that it's even listed on their website. It's painful working with them, and getting things working.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Mikebetz42 and welcome to the business forums.

I do apologize for the experience. If you do ever have an issue with your cable card, please do let me know and I'll be glad to assist.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I too am facing this issue with support not knowing how to activate a cablecard that I was instructed by business support to pickup from an Xfinity store since residential is the only way to get the card. We already have one card successfully installed in a Windows Media Center PC and we just want to add this second card to a second PC and it seems impossible to accomplish.

Could you please help us with this since you seem to know what is going on? I have all the information from Windows Media Center ready to go already (CableCard ID, Host ID, Data, etc). Thanks.