Skip to content
WSA_Admin's profile

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 5th, 2016 1:00 PM

Viewing Exchange Calendar info in a non-Comcast hosted web page

Over time, we might bring all our on-line elements under Comcast, for the moment our primary website is hosted elsewhere.  We maintain an email account on Comcast and I'm investigating using the Outlook calendar to manage our event calendar.  This is a single calendar of events for an organization. 

I would like to be able to display (read- only) a basic 30-day format calendar on a page on that site.  Can I and if so how do I access our Exchange calendar data?  The only dynamic functionality I see for this remote display is paging (or jumping)from one month to another and possibly filtering the calendar entries by location or category.

The calendar is going to administered by one person so they could presumably push an export following updates which are typically done in batches.  

BTW the remote web site is Linux/Apache/PHP not IIS/C# so any very Microsoft specific solution probably won't help.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello WSA_Admin and welcome,

I rcommend that you consider using a Comcast Sharepoint site ( check this out to create Sharepoint site ) where you can easily push a calander into/upto then control/allocate Outlook Users to access this shared calendar. The Business Class Portal (BCP) administrator would be the primary developer and you can have any other backup users with BCP Service Manager permissions be able to handle backup responsibilities. You can also check this site out for additional Sharepoint Calander access via Outlook users, too. 

There is a plethora of options to use the Outlook Calendar and you can simply Google  2010 Outlook Calendar and you will be able to access many different options for implementation.

Hope this helps you out.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

RIch,

Ok. I'll bite.  I've activated the sharepoint for my account.  Functionally the sharepoint calendar is as good as the outlook calendar so I don't have an issue with asking my organization to manage events there.  

So from your reply I don't see how I'm going embed a view of this calendar in an external web site which is my primary objective. Assuming there is an answer for that - 

Is there a way for me to

a) transfer events in my Outlook calendar to Sharepoint or do I have to re-enter them? 

b) import iCal/vCal formated exports from other calendars?

I did through the "gettting started" guides but they don't mention these topics.  Thanks.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Please Google " External Outlook User access to Sharepoint Calendar  " and this will provide you many detailed resources to achieve your objective.

Hope this helps you out.

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I don't think there is a solution to this problem within my Comcast services.  Neither Outlook or Sharepeoint will allow me to share a URL to the calendar outside of my environment.  All the solutions I found in the links you provided require that in one form or another.  

Thanks for your input.