Skip to content
RPSInfo's profile

New Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2015 7:00 AM

Unable to add alias

Comcast hosts our domain email, and has for many years now.  For at least the past 4-5 years I had a 'forward' set-up so that any email sent to service@ourdomain.com was forwarded to user@ourdomain.com.  That user has since left, I deleted that forward and for over a week now I have been daily trying to add service@ourdomain.com as an alias for another of my users.  I have had absolutely no success.  I can add other addresses, but not service@ourdomain.com.  Is there an issue using the word "service" or something that I'm just missing.  On a similar thought - is there a user/admin guide anywhere for the Comcast email system, it would be very useful to have some sort of reference, especially has the business class website has change drastically over the years.

Thanks,

Bryan

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

9 years ago

HI PPSInfo.  Please send me a private message with the username that you are attempting to apply the alias to, as well as the user info that was deleted. I will have the Server Admin investigate the issue.  Also the use of the word is not inhibited on the platform.

Thank You