Skip to content
alvint's profile

New problem solver

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, October 19th, 2017 2:00 PM

Outlook 2010/2013/20XX cannot connect to Office 365 "cannot make encrypted connection"

Hello,

Domain: Sudevelopment.com

So some employees can't get Outlook 2010/2013 to connect to Office 365 email accounts when adding new account.

It says something like "cannot make encrypted connection". The credentials used are correct so I have them using the webmail Portal.Office.com so it's not an emergency situation but it's definitely an unusual problem...

I tried clearing out Managed Credentials in Windows 8/10 that were still pointed to the old Comcast Hosted Exchange but it didn't seem to do anything. Also did repairs on Outlook to be sure, no change either.

Any ideas? 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi alvint.

I would like to review this login issue. Please private message me the emails impacted by this. 

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the exact same issue.  I can login to the O365 portal and Outlook Web solution, but Outlook 2013 fails to authenticate (using the same credentials that work on the web) when I try to add this email account.  Were you able to get this issue resolved?  It's a major problem for me!

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi EKelleyKPS and welcome to the business forums. 

I would like to review your Outlook issue. Please private message me your full name, the full service address and the phone number associated on the account.