Skip to content
porkslap's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 1:00 PM

Oultook Clients not connecting

I have several desktop outlook clients that suddenly starting throwing "DISCONNECTED" errors around 2:00pm EST. The usual steps such as rebooting the clients and desktops does not help. An autodiscover test from the client fails. Email is still accessable via OWA and at least one smart phone client.

This also happened Tuesday January 13th sometime early in the AM and resolved itself around 9:30am.

While I was typing this post, it magically started working again. (4:44pm EST).  I'd like to know whats going on and if I can expect this to continue.

Thanks.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello porkslap and welcome,

If your email addresses have the w14 segment then Comcast had issues with that email server segment. Comcast is currently still working on this to make sure full consistent operation is in place to meet your business requirements.

Hope this helps you out.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm continuing to have problems with clients this morning. Is there an (un)scheduled maintenance or service status page somewhere that will tell me what's going on?

I'm seriously considering transitioning to another provider at this point.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

The w14 issue has been resolved at this time. I recommend that you log into your Business Class Portal using the administrator account, then under Manage Services click Email, then use link View DNS Info and make sure that all of your Outlook is using the POP, SMTP, or Exchange email addresses for the domain you are using. 

Please let us know if this fixes your problem and if not, please call 800-391-3000, use technical option, then provide your Comcast account #, inform the technical agent of the email address you are having issues with and the agent with check your email address, settings to diagnose the issue and bring resolution.

Hope this helps you out.