Skip to content
alvint's profile

New problem solver

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 4:00 PM

Office 365 Email Hosting with Microsoft- Does Business Customer get Global Admin control?

There seems to be a huge disconnect of misleading information between the Cloud Solutions desk and what Comcast Business Office 365 Migration actually entails. 

I was under the impression from the CSR folks of Cloud Solutions that our company would have Global Admin control of our Office 365 email accounts so that we can add/remove licenses, change/edit users, upgrade/downgrade at will and manage domains on our own without having Comcast meddle in everything since you guys will no longer be hosting our Name Servers and Email and outsourcing all email and cloud hosting to Microsoft. 

But now I'm hearing conflicting information that Comcast Business intends to retain control of the Global Admin account and basically make us go through them in order to access services that MICROSOFT provides and maintains, while billing us and making us pay for it. In addition, Comcast Business wants our company's DNS registrar login credentials too. 

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Comcast Business is very confusing. "Do you want us to update your DNS settings?" This is from an email 9/29/17.

Then right under that question is "Manual" and only 1 button that says Continue and a disclaimer for DNS settings manually...

Comcast: Do you want us to update your DNS settings? (proceeds to offer only manual confirmation Button of Continue)Comcast: Do you want us to update your DNS settings? (proceeds to offer only manual confirmation Button of Continue)

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi alvint.

I would like to review your Office 365 migration inquiry. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business.

New problem solver

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I sent you a private message about this but letting you know right now that as the guy in charge of IT here that I get about half a dozen requests to reset passwords and resolve domain/email related issues every month, sometimes every 2 weeks so having global admin access is vital since these problems require fixes ASAP, no excuses, no delays, no nonsense "please wait a few hours blah blah" now, means now.

Every month I also get requests to find out why Comcast admins keep accidently suspending random user accounts and locking people out of their business emails so I'm concerned if Comcast Cloud Solutions will continue this tradition and randomly suspend/delete/change user passwords on the whim too like with the current Hosted Exchange. Sometimes I can't even reset the passwords because the User Account got suspended by Comcast and when I click on reset password I get a red error message of course.

There seems to be a lack of confirmation online because most clients don't seem to point out these specifics like who gets Global Admin access to O365 company email account but I'd like to know and eventually I will find out and share that knowledge online to help inform people of the full details. 

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Were you able to get an acceptable solution to this?  I'm having the same issue with an account I manage the IT solutions for.