Skip to content
RayRandolph's profile

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015 12:00 PM

Incoming Email limitation

I do work with large weather models and keep running into limits on the incoming size of messages.   Could I get that limit doubled?

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

The link you provide discusses outbound per-message limits, but not inbound per-message limits.   The file attachments are in large .pdf format, and ascii text files with a .out extension.  

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello RayRandolph and welcome,

The business class Email size and storage limits per this link are standard for all customers. Could you provide the file type attachment that you work with pertaining to your weather modeling?

Hope this helps you out.

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

Ray,

The limit on the mail size can be an inconvenience but our emails servers hosts many customers 24/7.

We have to control this volume to allow all of our customers to utilize our mail services efficiently.

Currently this limit is set as it is and it cannot be increase; however, on your behalf I will engage our product and services team for future consideration.

Thank you for your patience.

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

Hello RayRandolph,

Welcome to the forum.

Currently both inbound and outbound message limit is set to 25 MB.

This includes the attachments, headers, text, formatting, etc.

Thank you

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the information... There is no way to get this limit increased?   It seems as if this should be something configurable by the customer.  Is there any sort of reasoning behind why it isn't?    

I understand limiting overal disk usage for a customer without asking for additional subscriber fees.. but these days a Raw 14bit compressed image from modern digital cameras are typically 25 megs, and uncompressed raw is 28-30 megs.   Even a Raw 12-bit lossless image is 23 megs.  

In other words, this particular (seemingly arbitrary) setting is unfriendly even for users who are just sharing raw photographs.   In my case, it's weather models that are typically between 30-40meg.   

People get irritated very quickly when messages to me fail.. and as a result I have to maintain a Gmail account that I do not want in order to receive emails from irritated clients.   It gives me an image of being unprofessional because my email system can't be changed to support larger incoming messages.   

Is there any way in which this issue/request be escalated?

-Ray