Skip to content
uwd's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 6:00 AM

Changing my email address.

My email address is faaaarrrrr too long and i need to change it to something that fits on a card. how to i change the portion that that is "@....comcastbiz.net"?  How do i go about changing my comcastbiz email address?

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello uwd and welcome,

The following alternatives can allow you to change your Personal-Name@Business-Name.comcastbiz.net:

1.a.) If you are new Business Class customer, you can use Register a custom domain to register your starter website domain The website I am specifically referring to here is your free starter 3-page existing website (3PSW) that Comcast provides to you. When you setup your name for your 3PSW, you can name it something like Business-Name.com (or net or biz, etc.). After you register your 3PSW, it typically takes 8-24 hours for that domain name (Business-Name.com) to find its way back into you Business Class Portal (BCP) account.

1.b)  So, the next day when you log into the BCP you can then go to Manage Services.Email and go to email management. This will bring up a list of your email accounts and there will be an edit button on the right side of each email account. For example. click  the edit button on any  Personal-Name@Business-Name.comcastbiz.net and it will bring up a screen that says establish primary alias. You should see a drop down button in domain designator and you will see Business-Name.com as one of the domain names you can use for an email alias. Make sure this is the Primary Alias, then click save, continue, or done.

1.c) Now after you do this and especially if this is your administrative email account, you must then use that specific Personal- Name@Business-Name.com to log in using the same password you used for your  Personal-Name@Business-Name.comcastbiz.net.

2. If you do have an external domain website you want to bring under the Comcast email unbrella, please check out and follow Use your existing domain name with Comcast Business email and web hosting . Again,it typically takes 8-24 hours for that domain name (Your-External-Existing-Business-Domain-Name.com) to find its way back into you Business Class Portal (BCP) account. After, this is complete. you can then use 1.b) to setup email aliases, too.

Hope this helps you out.