Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 28th, 2023 5:59 PM

Wavlink AC1200 Wifi Repeater Blocked by Firewall - IPV6

Trying to add a wifi repeater/extender to my Comcast Business network. The Wavlink repeater is blocked by the firewall when trying to connect to the modem/router. Generates the firewall log message below. I have a screen shot of the message but it doesn't look like I can add it.

FW: IPV6 Input Drop 374 Attempts - Firewall Blocked

How can I let this device through the firewall.

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

@user_9bdf70 Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Business Forums today. What model is your Wi-Fi extender also, do you have other Wi-Fi extenders set up?  

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Wavlink AERIAL HD4 – AC1200 Dual-band High Power Outdoor Wireless AP/Range Extender/Router with PoE and High Gain Antennas.

https://www.wavlink.com/en_us/product/WL-WN572HG3.html

I also have a Netgear N3000 wifi repeater connected to the Comcast AP/Modem that is active and working. IPv4 device.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Got it! Thank you for confirming!
So, we've included a link here that will direct you to a page that lists the port configuration information. Towards the bottom you'll see port management, where there will be steps to allow traffic through!

https://business.comcast.com/support/article/internet/comcast-business-ip-gateway-static-firewall/

Please feel free to check that out and let us know if you have any questions! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks for the information. The Wavlink repeater currently is set up to gets its address via DHCP from the Comcast AP. This could potentially change every time it reconnects to the Comcast AP. Are you suggesting that the Wavlink repeater be assigned a static IPv6 address?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

Yes, that is something that can bone through the modem's local IP setup & assignment, and then you can change the settings on the extender.  This would need to be done by your IT team.