Skip to content
amessina's profile

New problem solver

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, July 17th, 2016 12:00 PM

Static IPv6 in Chicago?

I was a part of the earlier static IPv6 trials in Chicago.  What's the word on when IPv6 will be rolled out to Chicago business class customers and who should I contact to set this up?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

8 years ago

Are you certain you're not already being provided IPv6 connectivity?

Try accessing the admin web interface for your Comcast gateway. Under Gateway Summary, click the Network tab, scroll to the bottom and look for LAN IPv6 Settings.

New problem solver

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I do have dynamic IPv6 single-block /64 connectivity, though I'm looking for a delegated static /56 or /60, which I had during the IPv6 trial.  I was told when the trial ended in April, that the full rollout would be in July 2016, but haven't heard a word.

This is what I received via email on April 6, 2016:

This email is to notify you that the Comcast Static IPv6 trial will be coming to an end as of Friday April 8, 2016. At this time the static IPv6 prefix assigned to your device will revert to a dynamic IPv6 prefix, so you will see a change in the /56 assigned to your trial device.

The static IPv6 trial will be ending as we prepare for the launch of static IPv6 nationwide scheduled to begin in early July 2016. We appreciate your participation and feedback during the trial. Please reply to Comcast-Ipv6@cable.comcast.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

When is the non-trial static IPv6 for business class going to hit Chicago?

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry for the delayed response. Will you please private message me for further correspondence on this request? Thank You.

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

What about the rest of us who also want an answer to this question?

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

Can you shoot me a private message?  i'm also interested in ipv6 static.

Thank you,

Robert

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

Any update?

Robert

New Contributor

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

Update:  This is showing up when I log into my comcast business acount on their webpage & clicking "internet" and going to static IP asignments.