Skip to content
johnnyb123's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, August 12th, 2018 12:00 PM

Static IPv4, IPv6 cannot get an IPv6 address.

I am running PFsense. I could get av IPv6 address no problem when I was dynamic, with my own modem.

Now that I have a static IPv4, and switched to the Cisco Gateway, I cannot get any setting to work. I'm pretty sure I've tried every combination of settings that are suggeste4d in this forum. I call Business support and they say they do not support IPv6.

I paid an install fee, and more per month to get the static IPv6 /56. I really don't even care about the static  IPv4.

I'm super bummed out about the whole thing and very unhappy with the phone and forum support.

If anyone has this combination working, PFSense, Comcast Business, static IP, please respond and let me see your config.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi johnnyb123 and welcome to the business forums. 

I would like to assist with your connectivity. I would be able to check if your prefix delegation is broadcasting. However, if the issue is within your network not receiving that IPv6 information, that would be passed the Comcast Business demarcation policy and I would have to refer you to the manufacturer of your device. Please private message me your first and last name, the name of your business, the full address of the business location and the phone number associated with your business account.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, please, check my config.

I understand you cannot support my device, but what would be super cool is if you could send me documentation on how your service works in the exact mode I'm in. It's not passthrough, because I have the static IP, so whatever you call me configuration, I need to get documentation on how it works. 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

This would depend on your personal network. Please private message me your first and last name, the name of your business, the full address of the business location and the phone number associated with your business account.